• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows (git) Push Error: user cancelled certificate check:

Kaliam

I can't seem to push my projects to git when using the built in gms2 interfaces. I am trying to push to a private project and I have entered all of my credentials and url into the Authentication section of the git plugin preferences. I have tried using both of the git url forms to no avail:

[email protected]:username/repo.git
https://github.com/username/repo

I can push my projects just fine using the github desktop application so i'm not exactly sure what i'm doing wrong here.

Thanks for any help!

T

thekitchensink

I am getting this same error trying to push any of my projects from within GMS2 using 2.1.3.273.

Please help!

T

thekitchensink

My research has shown that this is related to SSL certificates; some feedback on how to solve this issue would be appreciated! I need source control back as part of my workflow...

T

thekitchensink

This issue is still around as of the latest update... is it a known issue, or is it just us?

As Kaliam mentioned, push works just fine using git from command line.

W

WhisperingSpider

The built-in source control is complete garbage and caused me so many headaches when I used it. It's obvious they aren't going to fix it any time soon, as problems with it have existed since GMS2 was released, so I'd recommend just running source control outside of GMS2.

Karlstens

I too am getting error;

"Import[3] Error: user cancelled certificate check"

I've created two test GMS2 projects, and two bitbucket repositories. I've entered in both their details into the GMS2 preferences, and enabled source control on the projects. I've created the repository via the bitbucket website, and then within GMS2 project I click on "Import Project into repository", which then triggers that error. :(

Could yoyo please shed some light on when the source control aspects of GMS2 will get some love?

bbbower

Same error no matter what i've tried, while I see others able to get it working by cloning and copying the git file I still can't even clone the repository to begin with.
After hours, cursing loudly, mashing my face against the keyboard, watching useless no help do something different youtube tutorials, i was able to get it working but only through the SSH, but as of this moment the SSH seems to be working for github, however the https methods are failing even with workaround methods.

Last edited: