• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

iOS Unable to read property list from file

W

WWAZman

hi.. new to iMac/Ios (publishing to ios / iphone)

ran fine on test, everything broke when I took out the old gms 1.4 Google Play extension that was using admob sdk 6.8, and installed the newer Google Play services extension. Now upon running a test to try to get test ads working, I get the following:

Code:
error: unable to read property list from file: /Users/****/GameMakerStudio2/iOS/GMS2IOS/My_Bubble_Pop/My_Bubble_Pop/My_Bubble_Pop/Supporting Files/My_Bubble_Pop-Info.plist: The operation couldn’t be completed. (XCBUtil.PropertyListConversionError error 1.)
also above that is more code:
Code:
ProcessInfoPlistFile /Users/****/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/My_Bubble_Pop-dolgpeppsekekpedklcrmrxngapk/Build/Products/Debug-iphoneos/My_Bubble_Pop.app/Info.plist /Users/****/GameMakerStudio2/iOS/GMS2IOS/My_Bubble_Pop/My_Bubble_Pop/My_Bubble_Pop/Supporting\ Files/My_Bubble_Pop-Info.plist (in target: My_Bubble_Pop)
    cd /Users/****/GameMakerStudio2/iOS/GMS2IOS/My_Bubble_Pop/My_Bubble_Pop
    builtin-infoPlistUtility /Users/****/GameMakerStudio2/iOS/GMS2IOS/My_Bubble_Pop/My_Bubble_Pop/My_Bubble_Pop/Supporting\ Files/My_Bubble_Pop-Info.plist -producttype com.apple.product-type.application -genpkginfo /Users/****/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/My_Bubble_Pop-dolgpeppsekekpedklcrmrxngapk/Build/Products/Debug-iphoneos/My_Bubble_Pop.app/PkgInfo -expandbuildsettings -format binary -platform iphoneos -additionalcontentfile /Users/****/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/My_Bubble_Pop-dolgpeppsekekpedklcrmrxngapk/Build/Intermediates.noindex/My_Bubble_Pop.build/Debug-iphoneos/My_Bubble_Pop.build/MainWindow-iPhone-PartialInfo.plist -additionalcontentfile /Users/****/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/My_Bubble_Pop-dolgpeppsekekpedklcrmrxngapk/Build/Intermediates.noindex/My_Bubble_Pop.build/Debug-iphoneos/My_Bubble_Pop.build/MainWindow-PartialInfo.plist -additionalcontentfile /Users/****/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/My_Bubble_Pop-dolgpeppsekekpedklcrmrxngapk/Build/Intermediates.noindex/My_Bubble_Pop.build/Debug-iphoneos/My_Bubble_Pop.build/OverlayViewController-PartialInfo.plist -additionalcontentfile /Users/****/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/My_Bubble_Pop-dolgpeppsekekpedklcrmrxngapk/Build/Intermediates.noindex/My_Bubble_Pop.build/Debug-iphoneos/My_Bubble_Pop.build/LaunchScreen-PartialInfo.plist -additionalcontentfile /Users/****/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/My_Bubble_Pop-dolgpeppsekekpedklcrmrxngapk/Build/Intermediates.noindex/My_Bubble_Pop.build/Debug-iphoneos/My_Bubble_Pop.build/assetcatalog_generated_info.plist -requiredArchitecture arm64 -o /Users/****/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/My_Bubble_Pop-dolgpeppsekekpedklcrmrxngapk/Build/Products/Debug-iphoneos/My_Bubble_Pop.app/Info.plist

Last edited by a moderator:

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
Okay, so, are you using BOTH the Services and AdMob? If this is iOS then I imagine it's only the AdMob part you want, in which case make sure that you have disabled exporting the rest of the extension in the extension properties before building. You can do this from the section shown here:

upload_2019-8-21_8-40-58.png

Alternatively, if you have a separate build for iOS, remove everything that you don't need by deleting it from the main Extension window. This would be in the Resources > Files section of the main window on the left above. You should see the two sections for Services and AdMob, so simply right-click and delete on the services part.

W

WWAZman

thanks Nocturne

still unable to proceed, same error (I believe) .. yanked all extensions, yanked Kakuva's admob scripts, etc.. put back in the google play extension, removed things just as you said, including yanking the part of the extension dealing with Play services.. then I had to clean up extra objects (by deleting them) that referenced the Play services.. still that damn plist error.

I then tested to see if the game worked at all anymore or if it's completely borked.. I //'d everything out and ran it.. and lo and behold, it still works.

so something in the Google Play extension is breaking the plist info on Macs.

whatever happened to the good old handy admob extension? I've paid for Kaguva's but am waiting for him to respond with help how to make your old script work.

your old script:
Code:
//    GoogleMobileAds_Init("ca-app-pub-0852665160526406"); // android

//////////  GoogleMobileAds_Init("ca-app-pub-0852665160526406"); // ios

//    global.bannerId = "ca-app-pub-0852665160526406/9825836727"; // android

// global.bannerId = "ca-app-pub-0852665160526406/8716632690"; // ios

//////////    global.bannerId = "ca-app-pub-3940256099942544/2934735716"; //IOS TEST ADS

////////////// alarm[0] = 45;

////Alarm 0
// GoogleMobileAds_AddBannerAt(global.bannerId, GoogleMobileAds_Banner, 0, 0); // nocturne's older code, worked

////////////// GoogleMobileAds_AddBannerAt(global.bannerId, GoogleMobileAds_Banner, 0, 0);

////////////// alarm[0] = 45;
Code:
error: unable to read property list from file: /Users/****/GameMakerStudio2/iOS/GMS2IOS/My_Bubble_Pop/My_Bubble_Pop/My_Bubble_Pop/Supporting Files/My_Bubble_Pop-Info.plist: The operation couldn’t be completed. (XCBUtil.PropertyListConversionError error 1.)

*Interestingly*.. I left the above code commented OUT.. reinserted the google play extension, etc etc etc,.. ran it and it came up with the same plist error even though it's not calling it?

Last edited by a moderator:
W

WWAZman

ok so I JUST got it to work using Kaguva's code after realizing his admob_init was for interstitials (bonk!) and he has a different line for initializing the code.

so I have this now and I just tested it and by golly it WORKS!! however the spacing is off a little?

Code:
//    GoogleMobileAds_Init("ca-app-pub-0852665160526406"); // android

/////////////GoogleMobileAds_Init("ca-app-pub-0852665160526406"); // ios - nocturne's code
 Admob_initialize("ca-app-pub-0852665160526406");

//    global.bannerId = "ca-app-pub-0852665160526406/9825836727"; // android

global.bannerId = "ca-app-pub-0852665160526406/8716632690"; // ios

//    global.bannerId = "ca-app-pub-3940256099942544/2934735716"; //IOS TEST ADS

alarm[0] = 45;

////Alarm 0
// GoogleMobileAds_AddBannerAt(global.bannerId, GoogleMobileAds_Banner, 0, 0); // nocturne's older code, worked

GoogleMobileAds_AddBannerAt(global.bannerId, "ca-app-pub-0852665160526406/8716632690", 0, 0);

alarm[0] = 45;
any ideas how I can make DARN SURE it's in the top left corner?