• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

room_instance_clear?

Tales

Hello

Here my problem, I have at least 10 room with a lot of objects in each. I put all room as "persistent" because I need to remember objects inside (but not necessarily everytime).

I fear if player play 1h the game will remember all room and all objects and may be the phone gonna lagg. So what does room instance clear? clear memory? reset all object? or I fear for nothing because its 2D 100Mo game and I can put 1000 rooms and 1000000 objects, there will be no problem?

rytan451

Setting the room as persistent shouldn't cause lag. It's basically saving the room's state when you leave it, and loading it when you rejoin.

Even if setting rooms as persistent causes lag, playing the game for an hour straight wouldn't add any lag.

room_instance_clear would make it such that the next time you enter the room, it has no object instances inside.