• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows Windows platform/target missing

S

Sparkmasterflex

Hi all,

I've been working in GMS2 now for about a year and finally getting to the point where I want to export my game and give it to some people for testing and I'm desperately trying to figure out how to export it. Either an executable or an installer.

I have the "Console" license and I assumed I could just do a standard build/export for single windows machines but when I go into the target dropdown (top-right corner) all I have is "Test" and "Windows UWP." Am I missing something here?

I have Visual Studio 2017 installed and am pointing GMS to that .bat file and I've enabled the windows developer mode and such but I still don't have the ability to just build an executable. I've been beating my head against a wall over this for 3+ days now and I'm at my wits end. Please help

windows-missing.PNG

I have the "Console" license
Each of the console targets allows you to build for that target. So I am guessing that you bought the UWP export. Therefore you can only build to the UWP target, as is shown in your screenshot (which might include Win10, but I don't know about that). What happens when you select Windows UWP and do the build? Do you actually get anything created?

If you only wanted to build specifically for Windows, then you might have been better off buying the Developer/Desktop licence instead.

Lord Zeus

Each of the console targets allows you to build for that target. So I am guessing that you bought the UWP export. Therefore you can only build to the UWP target, as is shown in your screenshot (which might include Win10, but I don't know about that). What happens when you select Windows UWP and do the build? Do you actually get anything created?

If you only wanted to build specifically for Windows, then you might have been better off buying the Developer/Desktop licence instead.
So how would you change that? I'm trying to make a little game as a present, and I have the same problem. I do have the free version though, so I don't know if this is even an option for that.

So how would you change that? I'm trying to make a little game as a present, and I have the same problem. I do have the free version though, so I don't know if this is even an option for that.
If you only have the FREE version, your issue isn't the same as OP's. His was paid version. In any case, if you want to export to windows, buy a license/subscribe. Otherwise you can share your game by uploading to GX.Games.