• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Mac OSX App icon not showing

C

Cannikin

I've added an icon to my macOS Game Options, but when I build for macOS the icon doesn't appear, just the generic app one:

I'm not building for the Mac App Store or codesigning.

Any ideas?

C

Cannikin

More info...

When showing package contents I can see the icon in there:

C

Cannikin

More info...

The filename here has a capital "I" but in Info.plist the icon is listed as "icon.icns" (lowercase "i")... maybe a clue?

T

tagomago

I'm still running into this issue. Was any solution found?

T

tagomago

Solved.
Instead of using the output target VM, compiling with native YYC solved the issue.

jeff300

I have this issue too. Note that once the .app is built, you can manually set the icon by dragging it from the Resources folder to the icon spot when you do right-click, Get Info on the app. I do this before packaging for distribution. Then you can put the app with the proper icon into a zip or dmg.

And while we're on the topic of properly packaging Mac apps, it sure would be nice if GMS could package to .pkg or .dmg files.

M

Maximilian Levine

More info...

The filename here has a capital "I" but in Info.plist the icon is listed as "icon.icns" (lowercase "i")... maybe a clue?
I renamed the "icon.icns" in the Info.plist to be capitalized and it seems to have worked, at least sometimes. When it's sitting on the desktop it still has the default icon but when it's in a folder view or examined it has the right icon.

S

Shizuky

Oh well, I created an .icsn icon but it is saying that "String not found: YoYoImage_UnknownFileFormat" and the .icsn is not uploaded, does any of you have this problem too?