GML Endlessly regenerating maze

Hello everyone! I've been trying to think of the best possible way to generate a maze endlessly as the player travels through it. I wanted to make it a literal endless maze as the player walks through it the parts they've already traveled regenerate into new maze and the parts they've yet to travel also constantly generating. I realize this is probably a really complicated task to accomplish so if anyone has any tips please do let me know! Also sorry if this explanation doesn't make much sense, I can try to explain further if needed.

Fabseven

hum I donot think it's impossible, it may be easy with the good pratices. Have you already generated an random map ? Is it a "room generator" or complete random map ?
I didnot try the room generator (ex of game using room generator style : Moonlighter) but if you use the second way i think you could seperate the map in multiples region (let's say 9 to be simple)
1 2 3
4 5 6
7 8 9

if the player enter region 3 you generate again the region 1 + 9 + 4 + 7 + 8
The difficulty will be to connect thoses region to olders ones ... good luck

Bentley

So you want a random area A, player leaves A and enters a random area B, and the player can return to A?

That sounds doable. I haven't done something like that. But undoubtedly there's ways to save the randomly generated rooms.

TheouAegis

Infinite maze = Eller's Algorithm

If it is up and down only, it's a simple matter of setting aside data for the on-screen portion and data on each side for the "next" parts. I mean, it is potentially the same for 4way...