• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

[SOLVED] Data Structures and Grid X Output Errors

Neptune

I'm not sure if this is the proper place to put this, and I apologize if it's not.

Code:
Grid 42, index out of bounds writing [0,3] - size is [0,0]
This kind of error (depending on how many hours of prior coding was done before running) can be very hard to find. Sometimes you can just retrace your steps, other times not.

I'm requesting/wondering if ANY other information about where the error occured (scripts/objects) or the name of the variable storing the data structure can be output for us to reference?

My project currently has hundreds of various data structures, some that exist through its whole runtime, some that are constantly popping in and out of existence, and I'll quite often make a small mistake that leads to an error like this. These "Grid X" errors are undoubtedly the most time consuming debugging I deal with on a regular basis, and I can't imagine I'm the only one.

Thankyou, and any information/feedback is appreciated :)

Neptune

That is pretty clever! Unfortunately the find/replace i dont think will work for me because I use
Code:
grid[# 0,0] list[| 0] map[? ""]
formatting everywhere xD

Neptune

@Nommiin hey! that is awesome, I'd like to try it, but I get
Code:
'Error extracting package archive: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object.'
when accepting
Code:
"Import marketplace package assets instead of adding a datafile?"
I can add it as an included file, but that's about as far as I got.