Discussion What are you listening to right now?

TheouAegis

Marcy Playground
Just listened to all their albums back-to-back, including Zog Bogbean. I respect what John did with Leaving Wonderland, but it's by far my least favorite album; it's not bad, just too country-folk for my tastes.

TheouAegis

They did that song Coming Up Fron Behind, right? I loved that song in High school.
Yeah. Zog Bogbean was one of John's first albums and has a couple "raw" versions of some songs off the band's debut album which had their only hit 'Sex & Candy'. To their credit, the song was never pushed by a record label, it became a hit strictly by word of mouth. They followed up with the album Shapeshifter, which I think was their most playful and creative. Then they released MP3, which had a heavier sound, but still had familiar themes. Then John went through a phase of breakups and drug abuse before releasing his folky Leaving Wonderland...In A Fit Of Rage, but it's still ok. I mean, it's no emo Green Day at least.

N

NeonBits

Shirobon - granite / cloud chaser
Cosmonautica - cosmic funk alert / god speed traveller
She - atomic
Testament - PowerSlave / The Legacy
Kenziner - Race With Time / Futur Signs
E.L.O. - All Over The World / I'm Alive
Hello World - Reactor4 Part2 / RDS 220
Collin Vearncombe - change your mind
UUTAI / Now and Zen
ProjectPitchfork - What have we done / Ascencion (feat Sue)
Covenant - bullet / ritual noise
and tons!

TheouAegis

ProjectPitchfork - What have we done / Ascencion (feat Sue)
Covenant - bullet / ritual noise
E.L.O. - All Over The World / I'm Alive
LOL Your tastes are as eclectic as mine.

Not into the rest of the music acts you listed, though.

I got my fiance into Covenant thanks to Bullet. lol

As far as ProjectPitchfork is concerned, do you prefer their older stuff when Peter sang, or their newer stuff when he growled (or whatever you wanna call it)? Have you listened to any of his music from his Santa Hates You project? I loooooovvve SHY! Jinxsy is so hot and their songs are usually lots of fun -- usually. My fiance and my old roommates all love "Scum" and sing along to it. "Monster In The Maze" is probably my number 1 favorite song, though. "Pack Your Bags, Honey. We're Going to Hell", "You Make Me Wanna Bang My Head Against The Wall", "Skeleton Parade", "We Need You Alive", "Slime Green Spaceship", "Nothing's Gonna Be Alright", "Hexenpolizei", "It's Alive", "Slightly Dead", "God Is Hiding Under My Bed", "Rocket Heart", "Raise The Devil", "Sugar & Spice", "F%@& That, I'm Human", "Prepare to Be Boarded", "Are You Scared?", "How To Create Your Monster"... So many fun songs.

(I'll be nice to the people with slow connections and just use a link. lol)
Edit: I tried to be nice, the forum said "F U slow connections". :eek:

Oh, and SHY introduced me to Brian Graupner / Gothsicles lol.

Last edited:
I can't add links to my posts (because they reset the forum, for some reason) but I'm listening to "Part of Me" by Katy Perry right now. It's basically my theme song.

N

NeonBits

@TheouAegis "Existence" played one night on the radio. I didn't knew their name. It's years later on Napster that I rediscovered them. It was also a period where artificial procreation was promoted; the song "TheClone" contained more substance than any other voice on the subject; it was refreshing and I started listening to their music. "Your Cut Feather", "Conjure", "Way Of The World", "Furious Numbers"... But, like for alot of things, I see what I see and leave the rest; like abstract paintings; one could understand one thing, but I would see something else, if it's not simply the music that I enjoy; I pick what I like from one band to another, without being "true". I haven't listened to their "halloween show"; I felt it was a fantasy horror direction and wasn't interested (after "karate", maybe I'll give it a try). I like both harmonic/deep voice for PP. They are invested so much in their carnival that I don't think we'll hear harmonic anytime soon. "The Gothsicles", like that "Yoda" video, weren't funny in the past; "Karma Jolt" "My guy died" "Wildness act" play at least once a week here; many of their songs are like a "time capsule" of our gaming culture; I see people one hundred years from here: "This was their games. Now, listen how it made them react..." And for Yoda, well, I hate the whole song but the rythm is fun : P

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Sam (Deleted User)

I was once told by a pastor that works for teen challenge that the devil is very intimidated and afraid of me and that is why he goes out of his way to attack me in specific, and that is why I have so many demonic encounters. The other night a demon was growling at me and did it so loud it even blew the sheets off of my head one of the times it did it. When that happened, I realized it was already daylight, so I decided I had enough of that bull crap and even though I got little-to-no sleep that I should get up, start my day, & stop being harassed.

D

Dan_Bardan

Some of my recent "Repeat list"

Blind Guardian - Battlefield
Blind Guardian - The Bard Song
Blind Guardian - Mirror, Mirror
Nightwish - Ghost love score
Nightwish - Swan heart
Nightwish - The angels fall first
Nightwish - Kuolema Tekee Taiteilijan
Rainbow - Stargazer
Rainbow - Tarot woman
Rainbow - Gates of babylon

N

Nexusrex

There's this 'Daily mix for you' playlist that I get on Spotify, and here a few tracks that I enjoy:
-Grave Digger - Rebellion 2010 (Since it includes Hansi from Blind Guardian!)
-Van Canto - The Bardcall
-Bloodbound - Slayer of the Kings
-Killhammer - Crazy Train
-Sabaton - Attero Dominatus
-Myrath - Dance
-Myrath - Believer
-Blind Guardian - Road of No Release
-Blind Guardian - Wheel of Time
-Blind Guardian - Another Stranger Me

C

Cryptic Crusader

Listening to some old electro music by nitro fun. My favorite tracks are New Game and Final Boss.

E

ethian

For me, this music track that has more dislikes than likes (A few) isn't that bad after all... it's funny for me... for some other reason... :p

Jeff Wayne's Musical Version Of The War Of The Worlds.

It's reflecting the existential dread I feel for our civilization.

And I'm thinking it would make a great setting for a game.

MissingNo.

Does anyone know what the genre of this song is? I'm trying to organize my music and I never use Pop as a genre as it tells you nothing about the musical content,
all Pop tells you is that it is a popular sort of sound or style, which doesn't make sense as the song ages.

The closest thing I could think of was Dance but I think that might be a bit of a stretch.

E

ethian

Cool electro music with electric guitar made by an acquaintance of mine.

S

Smarty

The closest thing I could think of was Dance but I think that might be a bit of a stretch.
I've finally figured it out, I'm pretty sure it's the Didn't Make It Past the Eurovision Semi Finals genre.

MissingNo.

I've finally figured it out, I'm pretty sure it's the Didn't Make It Past the Eurovision Semi Finals genre.
I'm aware this is a joke but there are plenty of songs I have seen in contests that got nowhere near first place or were nowhere near the top of the billboard charts that were pretty good,
Like "I Have Waited So Long" by Foreigner.

Anyways everyone has different tastes I like music from all eras but mostly 40's and 60's nowadays.

I've posted Polaris before. But these songs are so good, I've got to make another Polaris post. These songs epitomize nostalgia.

Polaris, a one-off project involving members of the late 1980s and early 1990s band Miracle Legion, composed twelve songs for the cult Nickelodeon television series, The Adventures of Pete & Pete.

Ashamed of the Story I Told You: www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gWYJROEArw
Everywhere: www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhUQRN5Y2hs
Ivy Boy: www.youtube.com/watch?v=3A8MATboRoQ
Waiting for October: www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRrSTBJDFYk

Last edited:

MaxLos

I'm a weirdo who only listens to VGM so...
This is my coding/ ''I've been trying to figure out how to fix this bug for hours now only to find out I misspelled a variable" background music