can't get sprite to move correctly

L

lindsay

I am working on a mini game tutorial and I have my game coming along but my player(sprite) won't move...well he will move but what I mean is he does not have the walking movement like I thought. In the tutorial he has the sprite the same way and his goes both directions but I can't get mine to go left or right. It only shows movement going up and down. I can't put a video because the "insert media" won't let me. The video can be found in "Gamemaker social" forum on Facebook

Attachments

It's hard to know what's wrong if you don't provide any of your code.

I assume your character can move, but the sprite isn't changing. Without any of your code, I can't know for sure what the cause is. All I can say is make sure that you don't have image_speed = 0 anywhere in the player's code, as that will cause the sprite to remain the same.

L

lindsay

It's hard to know what's wrong if you don't provide any of your code.

I assume your character can move, but the sprite isn't changing. Without any of your code, I can't know for sure what the cause is. All I can say is make sure that you don't have image_speed = 0 anywhere in the player's code, as that will cause the sprite to remain the same.
ya im sorry, whenever I put my code in a moderator comes and yells at me

ya im sorry, whenever I put my code in a moderator comes and yells at me
I saw that thread. They weren't yelling, they were just informing you how you shouldn't post screenshots of code or link to a different site. They even were polite enough to use the word "please".

It's okay to post code the proper way. In fact, it's more than encouraged!

To post code, you go up to the tools above the text box you're typing in, and select the symbol next to the save icon. Then, in that list of things to insert, you select code.

When posting code, it's usually a good idea to say:

1.) What object the code is in
2.) What event of that object the code is in

You also shouldn't put code from different events all in one box, as this can be confusing.
Here's an example of what to do.

This is the code for obj_player:

Create Event:
Code:
//insert code here
Step Event:
Code:
//insert code here
Draw Event:
Code:
//insert code here
I would be happy to help you once you post some of your code the proper way. :)