GameMaker Optimizing Drawing/Place_meeting

Binsk

Is your game lagging? Its taking about 1/4 of a frame to process (assuming 60fps target) so it should be smooth.

I suppose make sure you aren't using precise collisions. Lastly you are checking for collisions regardless of movement. Take a little extra time and make some checks so it only checks for collisions if something has moved and store the result for later use.

Is your game lagging? Its taking about 1/4 of a frame to process (assuming 60fps target) so it should be smooth.

I suppose make sure you aren't using precise collisions. Lastly you are checking for collisions regardless of movement. Take a little extra time and make some checks so it only checks for collisions if something has moved and store the result for later use.
idk how

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
Are you not more worried about distance_to_object taking up 69% of a step?

That aside, you may be able to store instance's positions in a grid and checking its contents for such checks. That applies only if your game is laid out on a grid, of course.

Are you not more worried about distance_to_object taking up 69% of a step?

That aside, you may be able to store instance's positions in a grid and checking its contents for such checks. That applies only if your game is laid out on a grid, of course.
i am just working my way down the list. I would love as much help as possible.

TheBroman90

What if you check for collision in the Step Event instead and save the result to a variable.
Then in the Draw Event you just check if that varaible is True or False.