• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Wierd pixel international on sprites

zampa

So this is really bugging me, I have drawn a "play button" sprite but when the sprite is drawn some random pixel get added to the sprite (see picture) I have no idea why this happens, I tried to turn off interpolate colours between pixels that doesn't fix anything, maybe it's a scaling problem idk, I'm sure this is really is stupid beginner problem could someone explain why this happens and if there is a solution to this, thanks

Attachments

E

Edwin

So this is really bugging me, I have drawn a "play button" sprite but when the sprite is drawn some random pixel get added to the sprite (see picture) I have no idea why this happens, I tried to turn off interpolate colours between pixels that doesn't fix anything, maybe it's a scaling problem idk, I'm sure this is really is stupid beginner problem could someone explain why this happens and if there is a solution to this, thanks
"International"?

This is usually happens if views width or height doesn't match the ratio of views port width or height.

For example, if your view_wview is 320 and view_hview is 180 and view_wport is 800 and view_hport is 600. View ports width and height should be related to view_wview and view_hview: it shouldn't happend if it will be equal to 640x360 or 1280x720, etc.

Useful stuff:
  • 16:9, as in 1280x720px
  • 16:10, as in 1680x1050px
  • 5:3, as in 1280x768px
  • 3:2, as in 960x640 (This screen ratio is also used on iDevices.)
  • 4:3, as in 1024x768
Just divide these values by 2 if you need pixel art or just smaller game and set the view_wview and view_hview to it.

I hope you get it.

Last edited:

zampa

"International"?

This is usually happens if views width or height doesn't match the ratio of views port width or height.

For example, if your view_wview is 320 and view_hview is 180 and view_wport is 800 and view_hport is 600. View ports width and height should be related to view_wview and view_hview: it shouldn't happend if it will be equal to 640x360 or 1280x720, etc.

Useful stuff:
Just divide these values by 2 if you need pixel art or just smaller game and set the view_wview and view_hview to it.

I hope you get it.
Yes sorry ment interpolation

zampa

"International"?

Useful stuff:

I hope you get it.
Yeah but view_wview doesn't exist with gm2, how does this translate to gm2?

zampa

What event are you drawing in? Draw or GUI?
I was messing around with the sprite editor, and I tried to make it so that the edges of the play button more thick, maybe considering the resolution I wanna play in the screen can't handle only drawing one single pixel? I mean just a wild guess, what do you think

GMWolf

aka fel666
Are you drawing your sprite with any scaling / rotation or does your camera have scaling or rotation?

If you make a new default room (don't change anything) and add the sprite in an asset layer (no scaling, rotation, anything!). Does it still happen?
If so, what is your GPU? At this point all the texture sampling is done by the GPU, not GM.