• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - Code Various orthographic issues

Joe Ellis

If your using 3d, most of the normal sprite draw functions won't work how you want cus they're only doing calculations in 2d space, so you'll have to work out a custom way to draw them. I mean, depth does have an effect and will basically be the 3rd dimension, but, tbh I wouldn't know where to begin with purely using the 2d drawing stuff in a 3d situation. I'd make my own drawing system

Kyrieru

If your using 3d, most of the normal sprite draw functions won't work how you want cus they're only doing calculations in 2d space, so you'll have to work out a custom way to draw them. I mean, depth does have an effect and will basically be the 3rd dimension, but, tbh I wouldn't know where to begin with purely using the 2d drawing stuff in a 3d situation. I'd make my own drawing system
Well, the only thing I really want to do that I've listed above is use tiles in orthographic. Everything else is just further examples.

Tiles work in perspective, so they should work in ortho. However, they appear to ignore the angle, and disable tiles outside the view as if they were looking top-down like the default view.