Steam Space Mayhem [Out Now!]

M

mkyprice

Hey everyone! I've been making this game for the last 2+ years and finally released it on Steam today! It's my first game and I really hope you will enjoy it! Anyway, here's the trailer and description:

TL;DR: TAKE ME TO STEAM

GAMEPLAY
- Space Mayhem is designed to be a simple but addicting game which offers hours of replayability. The goal of the game is to try to beat the top scores while earning money and unlocking new ships. Inspired by classic and modern arcade games, it's easy to pick up and play but will also reward you if you put in the time. It features numerous powerups to use, enemies to blow up, and ships to fly.

FEATURES
- GLOBAL LEADERBOARDS TO BEAT YOUR FRIENDS ON -

Increase your score and your score multiplier by defeating enemies. Keep your score multiplier by avoiding all damage. Keep that up and you'll be able to impress your friends and colleges with your massive high score on the global Steam leaderboards!

- INFINITE WAVES OF ENEMIES -
Battle against an ever increasing horde of enemies from small ships who just want to drill into you, to battleships who will send 'miners' to blow you up. Watch out for the asteroids too!

- POWERUPS AND WEAPONS -
Use powerups such as shotguns, shields, the roundhouse, the firehose and many more in order to survive a bit longer. Be careful, however, ammo is limited for powerups and your main weapon runs the chance of overheating.

- FLY NEW SHIPS -
When you blow up an enemy, they might drop money for you to collect. Use it to buy yourself a new ship. Each one has different stats which will require different play styles. They all have unique leaderboards for you to show off your skills on too!

AVAILABLE NOW ON STEAM

Thanks so much for taking the time to read this! If you have any questions/comments/suggestions, please let me know!

G

gnearly

Looks great, I like the variety of ships and power ups to collect. Congratulations on your first game released!

Zaxtor99

Your time was well spent, even if the reviews and purchases on Steam don't reflect it.

I reviewed your game way back on March 8th, and I gave this game one of my rare "Zaxtor's Indie Gold" awards with an impressive 96% score. There are a TON of these same kinda games on Steam now, all with a 99 cent price tag, and your game in my honest opinion is the very best of them all. That's something to be proud of I think!

I look forward to your next title on Steam... whatever it is, I'm already sold! ;-)

M

mkyprice

Thank you so much, Zaxtor! That seriously means a ton.

Also, I'd like to say a massive thank you for your review and your videos. Nothing has made me stay on track and keep working like they have. I think I pulled my smiling muscles when I watched them and I'd be lying if I said I didn't go back and re-watch them when I needed a bit of extra inspiration.

Keep doing what you do and inspiring the crap outta indies:) You're damn good at it

D

darthcurry

Congrats on a wonderful game.

Just starting out GMS2 with the kids this summer (graduating from Scratch). Running through the DnD tutorials and having a blast. This is exactly the type of game they want to make. You should consider a (monetized) tutorial if the game itself isnt making the $ you hoped for. Udemy or something. I bet lots of people would love to learn more about how to create the particle effects, parallax, explosions, etc.

S

sminc

This looks like... mayhem!

The graphics feel retro-- but not 80's overdone retro... like, "this is what got me into Game Maker" retro. May have to give it a whirl!

K12gamer

Just purchased it on STEAM (Half price 49 cent)
Great game for a great price...Better game than the original Asteroids...

Video of me playing your game...

Last edited: