How do I compile on mac? GMS2 99 dollar license

K

Kamon145

Okay so I'm at a total loss right now, Im trying to compile one of my games so I can send it to friends for testing but the process seems to be so much more complicated than I remember on previous versions of game maker. Im just trying to make either an exe or the mac equivalent so my friends can play my game but its saying I need a "signing identifier"? That seems weird for just releasing a free test app but okay, downloaded Xcode as per game makers instructions Xcode>prefrences>account>team>view details>developer id application. And it says "account does not have permission to create developer ID certificates". So what's going on here, is apple asking for more money for me to be able to test my games? not sure how i go about getting permission, couldn't find anything online. Is there any other way to release my game? Or am I better off going back to like gm6 or something lol

Lukan

Gay Wizard Freak
You need to have a $99 Apple Developer License as well as the GameMaker license.
This is a restriction by Apple, not YoYo.

The Apple License is also only good for 1 year.

K

Kamon145

You need to have a $99 Apple Developer License as well as the GameMaker license.
This is a restriction by Apple, not YoYo.

The Apple License is also only good for 1 year.
Thats lame.. Is there any way to release it as a windows exe than? Most of my friends and family have windows anyway so that would honestly be better anyway..

K

Kamon145

why is that even a question:D? for windows just select windows as target, and press compile
I am on a mac and when I select windows as target, it says requires worker, and asks for name, name/ip, and port, which is already filled in. not sure what to put in there..

Lukan

Gay Wizard Freak
If you are on the Mac Creator's license, I believe it only compiles to Mac. Unless you did the Upgrade to Desktop, which it sounds like you did.
The best option if you don't have a Windows PC would be to run a Virtual Machine with Windows to compile. Though this isn't officially supported, it usually works just fine.

K

Kamon145

If you are on the Mac Creator's license, I believe it only compiles to Mac. Unless you did the Upgrade to Desktop, which it sounds like you did.
The best option if you don't have a Windows PC would be to run a Virtual Machine with Windows to compile. Though this isn't officially supported, it usually works just fine.
Got any VM recommendations? Thats actually something Ive been curious about for a while, would be nice to be able to run some of those cool windows programs :p

Lukan

Gay Wizard Freak
For Mac there's the Boot Camp option, which is less of a VM and more of a Dual Boot(though still a VM technically). https://support.apple.com/boot-camp
I hear Parallels is a great option as well, though it's paid.

Virtual Box or VMWare are great free options, though if you plan on selling the games, you have to pay for a commercial license.

Personally, I have a cheap Mac machine to do Mac compilation, I assume you could do the same and just grab a cheap laptop with Windows 10.
Buying the machine gets you a Windows License out of the box, getting a VM set up you still have to buy Windows.

K

Kamon145

For Mac there's the Boot Camp option, which is less of a VM and more of a Dual Boot(though still a VM technically). https://support.apple.com/boot-camp
I hear Parallels is a great option as well, though it's paid.

Virtual Box or VMWare are great free options, though if you plan on selling the games, you have to pay for a commercial license.

Personally, I have a cheap Mac machine to do Mac compilation, I assume you could do the same and just grab a cheap laptop with Windows 10.
Buying the machine gets you a Windows License out of the box, getting a VM set up you still have to buy Windows.
Thanks for the great suggestions! Bootcamp wasn't working on my mac for some reason, but Virtual Box works great apart from being a little slow. And I can finally make exes, yay! Thanks everyone for all your help :)