Job Offer - Programmer [Paid] GMS2 Wall Jump and Clift Hang/Swing Logic Needed

G

GeoffDev

Hello GMS professional,

I am looking for somebody to hire who can make some wall jump mechanics and a cliff-hanging/swinging mechanic for GMS2.

1. Wall Jumping: When the character object collides with the wall, they will stick to it for a set amount of time (maybe 2 seconds) before falling again. When clinging to the wall: If the player jumps (press space ) while collided with the wall they will jump in the direction the arrow key press at the time of jumping unless they try to jump in the direction of the wall they are collided with.

2. Cliff-hanging and swinging: When a player object collides with the cling/swing object the player will hang to it for a set amount of seconds (5 seconds) and swing. If they do not leave by the time, they will drop. When hanging on the object: When the space bar (jump) is pressed, they will move in the direction the arrow key is being pressed when they hump if the keypress is left or right. The direction the player is swinging must affect the distance the player can jump when they leave the object, so if they jump the opposite way to the swing, they will not get as much thrust.

I am thinking the logic would go in the player object and a collider object would be used to trigger the events but you are an expert at this so you tell me what you think in your proposal and quote.

I would prefer you to send me visual scripting instructions for these objects, but if you think GML is a better way to go, then please explain why when you place your proposal and quote.