• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Mac OSX Copy and Paste in Room Editor Not Working

F

Figor

Hi All,

I have been working on a project now for about 8 months using the Mac OSX version. Previously I have been able to copy and paste objects within the instances layers, but now can't seem to do so. Has any one run into this problem, or have any fixes...

Thanks for the help!

Maa2007

i want to add an advise untill the problem is fixed you can press alt while setting instances in room editor, this will repeat the instance as long as you are pressing, this might help you

H

Homunculus

Noticed the same thing, and looks like you can still copy / paste / whatever by using control instead of command. But needs to be fixed, we are not on windows :p

Carsten

Has anyone found a solution for this problem (copy & paste not working in the room editor on Mac OSX). I'm on 2.3.6595 on a Macbook Pro 14" M1. It doesn't work with CMD or Control.

Thanks, Carsten

rIKmAN

Has anyone found a solution for this problem (copy & paste not working in the room editor on Mac OSX). I'm on 2.3.6595 on a Macbook Pro 14" M1. It doesn't work with CMD or Control.

Thanks, Carsten
Try restoring the default keybindings in File > Preferences > Redefine Keys as this fixed broken shortcuts for some people in the last version.

Also this thread is 2yrs old, you should be posting issues with the latest version in the recent Release Thread.

Last edited:

Roldy

Restore defaults for key binds.

@Carsten Try searching or looking through the forum for answers. The thread below is on the first page of Community Tech support:

Last edited:

Carsten

Thanks for the help and sorry for posting in this old thread. This was the first result in my google search, lol. Will use the forum search next time. :p

Carsten