• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

(Unnamed) Stick-Fight Platformer Game

JasonTomLee

I thought It'd be a good idea to start this thread before any major updates. I'll be posting ONLY the most notable updates from Twitter.

About
This game is a 2D Platformer game focused on quick combat and movement to combo with the things around you. It'd prefer for it to be on the free-world/proc gen side but it's not set in stone yet.
The movement will be my take on Super Smash Bros Melee's movement with a bit of nuances.

The vision of this game is to capture the essence of those well-drawn stick-animations or anime fights full of epic moments and stunning visuals.

Thanks for stopping by- hope you enjoy the process!

GIFS

Basic fx and shooting example

Movement and smoke implementation

Cool bug! Will need to polish & add it in.

Mock-up animation of a consecutive jab attack

pixeltroid

The movement and action look awesome! It will be interesting to see how your game evolves!

For some reason, your post about your game reminded me of "Street Fighter 2010" for the NES, released in 1990

Give it a look, as it might inspire you. :)

JasonTomLee

The movement and action look awesome! It will be interesting to see how your game evolves!

For some reason, your post about your game reminded me of "Street Fighter 2010" for the NES, released in 1990

Give it a look, as it might inspire you. :)
Gave it a good watch- thanks for the suggestion!