• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

How do I make a Gamemaker .zip file into a .mp4 or other file

L

lindsay

I finished my game and now I want to put it on my Wix site but Wix does not support .zip files only these
  • .avi
  • .mpeg
  • .mpg
  • .mpe
  • .mp4
  • .mkv
  • .webm
  • .mov
  • .ogv
  • .vob
  • .m4v
  • .3gp
  • .divx
  • .xvid
  • .mxf
  • .wmv
and the standard file is .zip when exporting from Gamemaker. I have Windows 10 and this is the first time I would be converting a file on this computer so I need help. What program can I use to convert my video to one of the above file types

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
You can't.

zip is an archive format, the formats you listed are video containers.

Exactly what are you intending to achieve with this?

curato

If it is some sort or movie you made in gamemaker, you would have to use screen capture software to grab the audio and video then upload that.

rIKmAN

It says here that "If you want to share .ZIP files and other unsupported file types on your site, you can use the File Share app."

Take a look through the Wix help articles, it seems like it's possible but they make you jump through a few hoops and use their custom tools to do it.

L

lindsay

You can't.

zip is an archive format, the formats you listed are video containers.

Exactly what are you intending to achieve with this?
I am just trying to upload the file to my website so people can experience my game hands on

Phil Strahl

You need to host the .zip file elsewhere and just put a link to it from the wix site. I would recommend hosting it on your own FTP (but I assume if you had one, you wouldn't need wix) so I suggest creating an account at itch.io and posting your game there. If that's not your thing, you could even link to a cloud storage (Google Drive / OneDrive / Dropbpx etc.) but that might look a bit fishy to some users.