OFFICIAL GMS2 UWP Price Reduction

rIKmAN

Nice, been wondering if/when UWP would see a discount similar to Mobile.
However now it's finally here and with all the other price cuts and sales there is a part of my brain saying "GMS3 announcement after the Q4 update" and telling me to wait.

@rmanthorp: Will this price reduction eventually be reflected on Steam too?

rIKmAN

Mmmm. Very tempted.

I should focus on my game first. Once it gets to a decent point, even if the module goes back to $399, that's not really an issue for me.
From the press release I'm pretty sure it's a permanent 50% discount the same as Mobile recently got.

I'm in the same situation as you with my own game - it won't be finished by Q4 so no harm in waiting for the much anticipated Q4 update and seeing what announcements are made after that in terms of future updates and YYGs plans.

Great deal for anyone that has been waiting and has a use for the UWP export right now though.

RizbIT

Thats my concern, will they be bringing out a gms 3? why not just have GMS one version with new updates. then id be willing to pay even double that, having to buy again each time a new major version is released is off putting.

RizbIT

this is kind of realted so im asking here.

but if i have a project in gms1.4x can it be imported with a high level of compatibility to gms 2+

in particular functions like http get/post and sprite functions

rIKmAN

Lol - that's some wishful quoting there! ;) "long-term direction [about asset packages]", I said...
It's being planned for / talked about and it's going to come out at some point though right?
Which is what he asked. ;)
this is kind of realted so im asking here.
but if i have a project in gms1.4x can it be imported with a high level of compatibility to gms 2+
in particular functions like http get/post and sprite functions
Not sure how this is related to UWP at all?

Download the trial and import your project and find out.
The Trial is now a fully featured 30 day trial (minus compiling an exe) and you can import 1.4 projects.

Last edited:

rmanthorp

GameMaker Staff
Admin
GameMaker Dev.
YoYo can't update their Steam offerings on demand the way they can on their own site. Give it time to bubble over.
Yeah, this is normally the case. However, the change was made a while ago now. It was reflected on Steam a few hours later. What price are you currently seeing on Steam lamatoast??