GML Visual How does this resolution work?

Hey everyone! It's been a while since I haven't created a thread on the site! :D
This means, maybe, I became a better programmer... maybe...

By the way, I have a little problem with the resolution of my game.
For some reasons when I test my 1920x1080 resolution game, it shows itself cut and resized (?).

Nevermind an image has more value than my text.

Screenshot (117).png

Before you ask, yes, my pc do have a resolution of 1920x1080, and no, I haven't enabled any "view".

Thanks again guys! I love you all for the support!

rIKmAN

Hey everyone! It's been a while since I haven't created a thread on the site! :D
This means, maybe, I became a better programmer... maybe...

By the way, I have a little problem with the resolution of my game.
For some reasons when I test my 1920x1080 resolution game, it shows itself cut and resized (?).

Nevermind an image has more value than my text.

View attachment 25833

Before you ask, yes, my pc do have a resolution of 1920x1080, and no, I haven't enabled any "view".

Thanks again guys! I love you all for the support!
I think it's because it's in a window, so you have to take into account the title bar (which you have chopped off your screenshot) and the taskbar at the bottom.
If they were removed (ie. fullscreen or borderless window) it should show correctly.

Try it full screen and test if it displays correctly.

L

Lonewolff

^^ Exactly that.

Being windowed at full screen resolution will cause the client size of the window to be downsized a little.

V

van0014

If you need to use a window, you could change the 'scaling' setting from 'Keep aspect ratio' to 'Full scale'

NightFrost

The reason being, Windows (the OS) will not allow for oversized windows to exist. If any pop up, they get shrunk by the system to display dimensions.

If that image is full screen then the issue seems to be that your graphics are too large to fit within the resolution you have specified.

If you've placed them in the Room Editor - what does it look like in there?
If you are generating it using code, what is the code and how big are the sprites?
The sprite perfectly fits in the preview, and I don't use any code.

Screenshot (121).png Screenshot (120).png

V

van0014

The sprite is too tall. It took 2 screenshots to get it to fit. Your screen can almost fit 7 of those red squares. There is no room left for the grey bar at the bottom. What's the sprite height?

Last edited by a moderator: