Trying to Easily Lighten or Darken my screen

Pkirkby

Hi everyone, I'm trying to find a simple way to lighten or darken my screen. It's for my basic night/day cycle.

I have the shadows taken care of via some tutorials etc, and I have a sun that pans across the screen, but I haven't figured out a decent way to get the desired effect of brightening and darkening the screen.

I've done some reading up on gpu functions and blendmodes, but still cant seem to get what I'm looking for. Any help pointing me in the right direction would be great, thanks.

SoVes

for the best result you should probably use a shader for application surface, but a easier way is to fill the screen with a dark rectangle on the screen with alpha being the darkness

Pkirkby

for the best result you should probably use a shader for application surface, but a easier way is to fill the screen with a dark rectangle on the screen with alpha being the darkness
Ok, I'm gonna give the rectangle a shot. The shader on surfaces is still beyond me believe it or not. I have yet to understand surfaces, so I suppose I should look it up and see what I can do with that too, thanks