• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Discussion Runtime Master Ver. 2.2.3.344 rufuses keyboard input

PlayerOne

Can't say for sure if this is the direct cause but by changing the runtime it worked. Any ideas as to the cause?

PlayerOne

Do you mean when using the keyboard input functions in your game, or in the IDE itself?

Have you tried updating to the latest version?
Yes I did update to the current runtime and when I did the keyboard wouldn't accept any input hence this topic.

rIKmAN

Yes I did update to the current runtime and when I did the keyboard wouldn't accept any input hence this topic.
2.2.3.344 isn’t the latest version, 2.2.3.436 is.

https://gms.yoyogames.com/ReleaseNotes.html

If you made a typo and meant 343 then according to the release notes at least that would be version 2.2.0.343 from October 2018 (unless they arent complete), so also isn’t the latest version.

Is it any input from using the keyboard functions when running your game, or any input in the GMS2 IDE itself? Also Windows IDE or Mac IDE?

Last edited: