• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

[SOLVED] viewport_set_yport not doing what I want

K

krugen

So I have a room, in the room properties, I enable viewport and set viewport 1 and camera to same measurement.

I then try to manipulate the viewport to extend its height using viewport_set_yport

But I ended up stretching whatever that was being displayed by the viewport before.

Does this happen becoz I didn't create the camera from programmatically?
Or does this happen becoz I didn't set the associated camera as well?

Edit: I see that all camera_set requires camera id

Sorry, my mistake. I mean view_set_yport.
And how are you using it? What is your code? I'm only asking as you say:
But I ended up stretching whatever that was being displayed by the viewport before.
Yet from my reading of the view_set_yport function it just repositions the y coordinate of the viewport, it shouldn't be stretching or changing the height (that I can see anyway). Do you have anything else that might be affecting the height of the view? Perhaps view_set_hport is used somewhere and that is changing the view height and making it stretch?

K

krugen

And how are you using it? What is your code? I'm only asking as you say:

Yet from my reading of the view_set_yport function it just repositions the y coordinate of the viewport, it shouldn't be stretching or changing the height (that I can see anyway). Do you have anything else that might be affecting the height of the view? Perhaps view_set_hport is used somewhere and that is changing the view height and making it stretch?
yea, one involves stretching, the other involves reposition it. to stretch, I use view_set_hport