• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Mac OSX Unable to find game!!:

• Thread starter Nathan Grebowiec
  • Start date
N

Nathan Grebowiec

I am using GameMaker Studio 2 on Mac OS and wanting to build a version of a project I am working on for some friends to try out. When I build an executable, it builds the .zip just fine and I can double click on it, get the .app and run it just fine on my machine. Once I upload the zip (say to Google Drive) and download it things go wrong. It extracts the .app just fine, but when I run it (even on the same machine I did the dev on) I get a dialog box that says "Unable to find game!!:".

I can even open a terminal, go to into the .app folder/Content/MacOS and run the Mac_Runner binary directly and it works. It is just after downloading and trying to run the .app directly. Any thoughts/help would be great.

Thanks.

N

Nate Carter

I am dealing with a similar issue where the games runs fine on MAC out of the folder but when I upload it to steam and run it through steam I get an "unable to find game" error. This may be unrelated to your problem, I'm not sure.

I have read other posts where they fixed your problem by placing the folder inside of a .dmg. This works except you need to might need to enable permissions if it gives you a "damaged and can't be opened" error.

Unfortunately my account is new so I cannot add links.

jeff300

Where are you placing the app when it fails to run? I've noticed that trying to run GMS games from the Downloads folder will produce that error. But copying them to the desktop, Applications, or other folders allows them to work fine.