• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

CHROMATIC ASSAULT [Twin stick shooter inspired by Geometry Wars]

N

N0ba

CHROMATIC ASSAULT is a game I've been working on for about a month now, and today I've finished the demo!

To put it simply, it's a twin stick shooter inspired by the likes of Geometry Wars, focused entirely on score with bright colourful explosions and many different enemy types.
This demo features 8/40 levels, and 2/10 bosses.

In this demo, 6 gamemodes are playable. These include:
  • Frenzy - Get a high score within the time limit!
  • Passive - No firing! Use your dodging skills and randomly spawning mines to kill clusters of enemies!
  • Timeloop - Time instead of lives! Get hit and lose time, increase time by killing a number of enemies.
  • Survival - A very difficult gamemode! Simply survive a level that increases in difficulty MUCH faster than the others, and reach a high score.
  • Zones - You can only fire inside zones!
  • Boss - Fight a boss! Bosses are very difficult, and will test your skills in crowd control to the max!

I'd LOVE feedback on how I can improve the visuals! I really want to make it as eye catching as I can.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yrbiax

Hey, i tried your demo.

I was only able to play first level. Pressing enter didnt do anything on other levels.
Sometimes ship wouldnt appear at all and music was randomly playing slower.
Also there seemed to be some input delay in menu.

Audio and visuals were nice, but perhaps main ship was bit too shiny. :cool: