• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Discussion Variables definition fails after runtime upgrade

M

mikymod

In my current project i made extensive use of variables definition. All works fine 'till last runtime upgrade to 2.2.3.341. For example, i set instance's gravity and max_vel_y through variables definition and it turns out to 0 at game's runtime... It seems that they are completely skipped.

Moreover, code is pretty straightforward, so i suppose that problems are elsewhere :D:

// Step event
if (!falling) return;
vel_y = approach(vel_y, max_vel_y, grav);

// End Step event
if (!falling) return;
y += vel_y;
Than i downgraded to previous runtime and all works as expected.
It happened to someone else? Am i missing something?

J

J_C

In my current project i made extensive use of variables definition. All works fine 'till last runtime upgrade to 2.2.3.341. For example, i set instance's gravity and max_vel_y through variables definition and it turns out to 0 at game's runtime... It seems that they are completely skipped.

Moreover, code is pretty straightforward, so i suppose that problems are elsewhere :D:

// Step event
if (!falling) return;
vel_y = approach(vel_y, max_vel_y, grav);

// End Step event
if (!falling) return;
y += vel_y;
Than i downgraded to previous runtime and all works as expected.
It happened to someone else? Am i missing something?

I have the same issue, made a thread about it myself. Unfortunately the only solution was the downgrade so far, I hope they fix this problem ASAP.

rIKmAN

I hope they fix this problem ASAP.
It won't get fixed if it doesn't get reported as a bug, preferably with an example project that shows the issue and the steps needed to reproduce it.

In the IDE use Help > File a Bug and follow through the steps to submit the report.