• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Object Variables not working after update

J

J_C

I updated GMS2 to v223, and after that, none of the instances read the object variables when I run the game. If I revert back to an earlier version, the problem is fixed.

What do you mean? Is it showing things as errors,or doing something different? What do you mean by "none of the instances read the object variables when I run the game"?
Did you just update the IDE, or did you also update the Runtime as well? You probably should be on the latest of both.

J

J_C

What do you mean? Is it showing things as errors,or doing something different? What do you mean by "none of the instances read the object variables when I run the game"?
Did you just update the IDE, or did you also update the Runtime as well? You probably should be on the latest of both.
So, in this picture, you can see that there is an instance with several variables. There is this groupID variable for example, which has a default value of 0, but in this picture, you can see that I set it to 105. But when running the game, it reads it as 0, not 105. And if I try to change any other variable, it still reads the default values.There is no error message or crash, it just does not read the variable I set them.

As for the IDE and the Runtime, the IDE is at v2.2.3.433, and the latest Runtime available is v2.2.3.341. If I use that, I have this error, so I had to revert back to Runtime v2.2.2.326.

Attachments

ANB

Im having the exact same problem. Mine is a fresh install of gms2 on a fresh install of windows 10. I can see the object variables clearly set in the room editor but ingame they're always the default values

vonFawks

Yup, they're not working for me either, which is really upsetting because I use them quite a lot.
For instance, in this one case, I use a "pair" variable to link doors together within the room. All doors use the default pair 0 now, regardless of what the variable is set to.

Attachments

ANB

I can confirm that switching to the 2.2.2.326 runtime fixes it. Everything is back to normal on my end. It's just the new update that breaks it