• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

GML Deltarune/EarthBound battle Transition

M

May

Anyone knows how to make earthbound and or deltarune transition(in battles)?

ps : I search in the documentation all the possibilites to make it and I didn't understand nothing(I use GameMaker Studio 1.4.9999)

thank you for your help :D

Deltarune Transition :
freegifmaker.me_2fCfz.gif
EarthBound transition
freegifmaker.me_2fCfh.gif

samspade

Those are pretty different. They also include a lot of different elements, each of which could require its own tutorial.

The second one probably cab be accomplished with sprites and you can find a few tutorials on YouTube if you look. The basic idea would be to have a sprite that is either partially transparent or that you draw transparent, make it grow and rotate over time, and then fade out the screen. Which could easily be done by drawing a black rectangle over the screen or GUI that fades in over time.

The first one is somewhat like that it looks like you fade in a black rectangle, but you'd also want to draw the character sprites over that and then move them where you want them while drawing a fading trail behind them.

It's not exactly on point, but this has a lot of basic ideas for transitioning in general.

M

May

OH Thanks, I am idiot, only thing I can do is save the x and y, when start a battle, save the previous x and y and put they in the battle position, before the battle make them come back to the previous x and y, haha, I think is it