Game art asset thread!

pixeltroid

Post your game art that you don't mind being used by other people in their projects!

I'll start with a generic platformer tileset. Since everyone seems to love the classic "grasslands" look, here's a "grasslands" tile set for platformers--

Generic grasslands 1.0 by @pixeltroid

pixeltroid_grassland.png
32 x 32 pixels. You can add this to your sprite folder and start using it for your prototypes or even your game! You'll just have to get rid of the magenta.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's the same image laid out in a grid:
ftsgrid2.png

Here's how it would look when laid out in the room editor:

ftsgrid.png

Note: I made this in a couple of hours today. This is version 1, and I will try and add more tiles to this set. But for now, if you need some art assets to prototype your game, you can use the file I have uploaded.

Have fun! If you use it in your final game, you can give credit as "Pixeltroid"

pixeltroid

I'd like to share an art asset that I made. It was originally going to be in my game but at some point I changed the story. So I decided it doesn't fit in with the theme of my game anymore. So I'm giving it away to anyone who needs it!

Behold! A creepy dead tree to decorate your levels!

pixeltroid_tree.png

312 x 372 pixels. You can add this to your backgrounds folder and start using it to decorate your levels!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is how it would look once its placed in a room!

pixeltroid_tree_rep.png

M

MikeDark_x

Well one day I had this crazy Idea of making a tileset with 8x8 tiles, worked out decently but in the end it's just an incomplete set, if anybody can find a use for it they are more than welcome, just credit me if it's in the final game...
8x8 fantasytiles.png

pixeltroid

Sharing an art asset that I am no longer going to use in my project, because I changed my game's story.

In case your game is a platformer set in dark medieval castles, light it up with this (subtly) animated wooden candle chandelier.

pixeltroid_chandelier.png

Spritesheet that you can add this to your backgrounds folder and start using it to decorate your levels!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

chandelier_anim.gif

64 x 101 pixels when animated.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is how it would look once its placed in a room!

pixeltroid_chandelier_rep.png