Unlimited jumping / airjump

S

Sqoler

I made an easy platformer using DND. The movement, jumping and left and right work fine, as well as the collisions. The only problem I have is that i can jump as much as I want (the max should be 1) and I can jump in mid-air, which should't be possible (only jump off the ground).
I tried fixing it but I can't get it. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Slyddar

I have a DnD tutorial series that covers making a platformer. Episode 3 is where I implement jumping, and in episode 4 I add limited jumping, but probably better if you follow it from episode 1 to ensure it works correctly.
If you just want the info, essentially you need to do a check first to see if you are on the ground, and if you are, allow jumping to happen.

Last edited:
S

Sqoler

I have a DnD tutorial series that covers making a platformer. Episode 3 is where I implement limited jumping, but probably better if you follow it from episode 1 to ensure it works correctly.
If you just want the info, essentially you need to do a check first to see if you are on the ground, and if you are, allow jumping to happen.
Yeah I used your tutorial to make the game (great btw), but I didn't hear you explaining either one of my problems in the video?

Slyddar

Yeah I used your tutorial to make the game (great btw), but I didn't hear you explaining either one of my problems in the video?
Ah well episode 4 is where we limit the jumping, by creating a script to check if we are on the ground, and then allowing the jump if we are. Just watch it and you'll get your answer :)

S

Sqoler

Ah well episode 4 is where we limit the jumping, by creating a script to check if we are on the ground, and then allowing the jump if we are. Just watch it and you'll get your answer :)
Oh ok, I'll re-watch the video :)