• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Publishing on play store

zim32

Do I have to use my real name when publishing to the play store.
I know that I use my google account to publish but does the account I use have to have my real name.
I get conflicting answers when trying to look this up

You do need to use a gmail (the email ID doesn't have to be your real name) that's non-negotiable. For payment (transaction) related, you'll need to use your real name that matches your bank account's otherwise Google can't send your income, that includes providing them your real banking details. For "Developer Name", it can be an alias doesn't have to be your real name. You can match that with your "organization name", and you may request for a name change for this part, but takes 7 days to gain approval from them (they have the right to reject). Physical address and phone number obviously have to be your real one for legal reason and obviously to get in touch with you.

zim32

You do need to use a gmail (the email ID doesn't have to be your real name) that's non-negotiable. For payment (transaction) related, you'll need to use your real name that matches your bank account's otherwise Google can't send your income, that includes providing them your real banking details. For "Developer Name", it can be an alias doesn't have to be your real name. You can match that with your "organization name", and you may request for a name change for this part, but takes 7 days to gain approval from them (they have the right to reject). Physical address and phone number obviously have to be your real one for legal reason and obviously to get in touch with you.
alright just to be sure developer name is what customers will see. Also what about the email I heard I have to provide an email for users to contact me can it be a different one than the one registered with the dev console account

alright just to be sure developer name is what customers will see. Also what about the email I heard I have to provide an email for users to contact me can it be a different one than the one registered with the dev console account
Yup. Developer's Name is what is shown on the Play Store. If you try to check an app in the Play Store, you see a name under the App Name e.g. Niantic, and then at the bottom there written "Offered by: Niantic". That's "Developer's Name". In the Play Console, those parts will match the "Developer's Name" which you input in : DEVELOPER ACCOUNT --> ACCOUNT DETAILS --> DEVELOPER'S PROFILE.

You can do like I do; make a secondary email on gmail, which is used solely for customer support related matter. So yes, you can differentiate the email used for Play Console activity from the one used for customers to contact you. Google will contact you through the account used to make the Play Console account, not the customer service one. As additional info, you may use those emails for internal app testing purpose if you want, just add them to your tester's list, or make a 3rd email if you want, doesn't really matter.

zim32

Yup. Developer's Name is what is shown on the Play Store. If you try to check an app in the Play Store, you see a name under the App Name e.g. Niantic, and then at the bottom there written "Offered by: Niantic". That's "Developer's Name". In the Play Console, those parts will match the "Developer's Name" which you input in : DEVELOPER ACCOUNT --> ACCOUNT DETAILS --> DEVELOPER'S PROFILE.

You can do like I do; make a secondary email on gmail, which is used solely for customer support related matter. So yes, you can differentiate the email used for Play Console activity from the one used for customers to contact you. Google will contact you through the account used to make the Play Console account, not the customer service one. As additional info, you may use those emails for internal app testing purpose if you want, just add them to your tester's list, or make a 3rd email if you want, doesn't really matter.
I am on the last step of registering for the google play console but I need to be sure the email is asking for now is not the one for customer support cause it already had me sign in with my google account so it seems a little weird it needs to ask for it again

The one for customer service will be requested to fill when you "CREATE APPLICATION"; they'll tell you "Please provide an email address where you may be contacted. This address will be publicly displayed with your app." below the form. But don't worry, you can always edit what to show to the general public from the DEVELOPER ACCOUNT which I mentioned earlier, should you accidentally input the wrong email account. You only need to input for the ones with blue asterisk, those not marked are optional. :)

zim32

The one for customer service will be requested to fill when you "CREATE APPLICATION"; they'll tell you "Please provide an email address where you may be contacted. This address will be publicly displayed with your app." below the form. But don't worry, you can always edit what to show to the general public from the DEVELOPER ACCOUNT which I mentioned earlier, should you accidentally input the wrong email account. You only need to input for the ones with blue asterisk, those not marked are optional. :)
After some searching on google I found something that said that email was the one for customer support and entered my other email. Now I am confused I hope the site was right cause I already entered it.
Also I was following a guide on linking the app and it told me to get the SHA1 from gamemaker preferences but I can't find an option to enter the SHA1 instead when I hit authorize app it seems to be giving me a different SHA1

zim32

I must of entered the right email cause it says developer profile I was just thrown off cause it was in the register stage

I'm not sure what you're saying in the above. I'll iterate with the below;

During your registration step, after paying the 25$ fee, you'll see this:

See the above image (under "YOU ARE ALMOST THERE"), if you decide to make changes, you can do it from ACCOUNT SETTINGS. If you press ACCOUNT SETTINGS from your main Play Console interface, you'll see the DEVELOPER ACCOUNT and in ACCOUNT DETAILS, you'll see your DEVELOPER PROFILE. Make any changes from there.

Also note the EMAIL ADDRESS to fill in the above image, is for the SUPPORT EMAIL, it doesn't have to be the same EMAIL ADDRESS you used to make the PLAY CONSOLE account. So should you accidentally input in there your EMAIL ADDRESS which you used for your registration, just change it from the DEVELOPER PROFILE.

See above image, this is the DEVELOPER PROFILE, the DEVELOPER NAME you input there can be anything you want; it can be your real name, it can be a group name, it can be your chat alias, ect. To put it bluntly, just make up a name of your choice. Then that EMAIL ADDRESS marked in red, that's the same as the previous image, it's for SUPPORT EMAIL, as in for your customer to communicate with you. Google Play Console will not use that email address to contact you. They'll contact you using the EMAIL ADDRESS you used to register (which is the account you used to pay 25$). In case of further doubt, check the below link.

Source: https://support.google.com/googleplay/android-developer/answer/139626
Manage your developer account information
If you need to update your Google Play developer account information, you can make changes using the Play Console.

Set up or change account information
account owner can change developer profile settings. This information must comply with the Developer Program Policies.

Contact details
  1. Sign in to your Play Console.
  2. Click All applications
  3. Select an app.
  4. On the left menu, click Store presence > Store listing.
  5. At the bottom of the page, type your contact email address or website. A contact email address is required to publish or update apps on Google Play. Your contact email address doesn't have to be the same account you use to sign in to your developer account.
  6. Save your changes.
Developer name
  2. Click Settings
  3. Next to "Developer name," type the developer name you want to be displayed on Google Play.
  4. Save your changes.
Physical address
To comply with consumer protection laws, developer accounts with paid apps or in-app purchases need to add a physical address to their accounts. If a developer account with paid apps or in-app purchases doesn't have a physical address, it may result in the account's apps being suspended from Google Play.

2. Click Settings
  3. Under "Developer profile," type your address.
  4. Save your changes.
Contact information for suggested replies
To reply to user reviews using suggested replies, you need to add support contact information to include in them.

2. Click Settings
  3. Under “Suggested replies for reviews,” type your contact information.
  4. Save your changes.
account owner can change developer profile settings. Your contact email address doesn't have to be the same account you use to sign in to your developer account.

2. Click Settings
    . You'll be taken to the Account details page.
  3. Next to "Email address," type your information.
  4. Save your changes.
As for you question about SHA-1. I'm again not sure what you're talking about. But the steps that I usually take when uploading an app is usually like this;
  1. CREATE APPLICATION in Google Play Console, and then fill in whatever details I can/must provide
  2. In GMS, I'd open under the RESOURCE TREE, the OPTIONS for ANDROID, choose PACKAGING, tick ENABLE GOOGLE LICENSING, After downloading and adding the extension for GOOGLE PLAY LICENSING, do step 4
  3. Still in GMS, press FILE, then PREFERENCES, and then ANDROID, fill in the details needed to generate a KEYSTORE, generate, then apply.
  4. In Play Console, press DEVELOPER TOOLS, and then SERVICES & APIs, copy the Base64-encoded RSA public key shown there to the box seen in no.2
  5. Build the APK, upload to Play Console, done.
  6. Still in Play Console, press RELEASE MANAGEMENT, and then APP SIGNING, agree to allow Google to sign for you, and below it you'll see your SHA-1, MD-5, and SHA-256.
  7. If there are any additional steps, I've no idea because that's how I've been doing base on the instruction provided by GMS.
Source: https://help.yoyogames.com/hc/en-us...-Android-Using-The-Google-Licencing-Extension

zim32

I'm not sure what you're saying in the above. I'll iterate with the below;

During your registration step, after paying the 25$ fee, you'll see this:

See the above image (under "YOU ARE ALMOST THERE"), if you decide to make changes, you can do it from ACCOUNT SETTINGS. If you press ACCOUNT SETTINGS from your main Play Console interface, you'll see the DEVELOPER ACCOUNT and in ACCOUNT DETAILS, you'll see your DEVELOPER PROFILE. Make any changes from there.

Also note the EMAIL ADDRESS to fill in the above image, is for the SUPPORT EMAIL, it doesn't have to be the same EMAIL ADDRESS you used to make the PLAY CONSOLE account. So should you accidentally input in there your EMAIL ADDRESS which you used for your registration, just change it from the DEVELOPER PROFILE.

See above image, this is the DEVELOPER PROFILE, the DEVELOPER NAME you input there can be anything you want; it can be your real name, it can be a group name, it can be your chat alias, ect. To put it bluntly, just make up a name of your choice. Then that EMAIL ADDRESS marked in red, that's the same as the previous image, it's for SUPPORT EMAIL, as in for your customer to communicate with you. Google Play Console will not use that email address to contact you. They'll contact you using the EMAIL ADDRESS you used to register (which is the account you used to pay 25$). In case of further doubt, check the below link.

Source: https://support.google.com/googleplay/android-developer/answer/139626

As for you question about SHA-1. I'm again not sure what you're talking about. But the steps that I usually take when uploading an app is usually like this;
  1. CREATE APPLICATION in Google Play Console, and then fill in whatever details I can/must provide
  2. In GMS, I'd open under the RESOURCE TREE, the OPTIONS for ANDROID, choose PACKAGING, tick ENABLE GOOGLE LICENSING, After downloading and adding the extension for GOOGLE PLAY LICENSING, do step 4
  3. Still in GMS, press FILE, then PREFERENCES, and then ANDROID, fill in the details needed to generate a KEYSTORE, generate, then apply.
  4. In Play Console, press DEVELOPER TOOLS, and then SERVICES & APIs, copy the Base64-encoded RSA public key shown there to the box seen in no.2
  5. Build the APK, upload to Play Console, done.
  6. Still in Play Console, press RELEASE MANAGEMENT, and then APP SIGNING, agree to allow Google to sign for you, and below it you'll see your SHA-1, MD-5, and SHA-256.
  7. If there are any additional steps, I've no idea because that's how I've been doing base on the instruction provided by GMS.
Source: https://help.yoyogames.com/hc/en-us...-Android-Using-The-Google-Licencing-Extension
yeah thanks I entered the right email. Its just when I asked if that was the support email you said that was done during create application but it asked me for that email during the register stage of creating a google play console account. The page was basically the same as the developer profile. And forget about the hash I was doing something I didn't need to