• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Game not appearing in taskbar

obscene

I've been ignoring this problem for a while but I guess I should fix it. Seems like it started about a month ago, possibly after the last update?

When my game runs, it's set to auto full screen. However when I alt tab out, it does not appear in the taskbar. When I hold down Alt-tab however I can see it and select it to get back to it.

Ideas?
upload_2016-11-4_19-25-34.png

R

renex

That's happened randomly to me, so I don't think there's an immediate solution other than starting in a window and then going fullscreen after a while.

In my case this happens atomatically because the game remembers fullscreen state and sets it after reading settings from file. Still, sometimes it will vanish after toggling.

obscene

Someone just reported this to me as a bug in my game! Did some searching and apparently this is a very old bug :(

http://bugs.yoyogames.com/view.php?id=16629

EDIT: The fix a few people described worked for me. Where I usually had creation code in the first room that created my controller object and went to the next room... I now create an object called obj_taskbar_fix which sets an alarm for 2 steps before making the controller.

Last edited:
R

renex

I used to do this back in GM7 because the window was invisible for about 3 frames, so if I did any tight loop loading code it would be invisible throughout. and I vaguely recall problems with window positioning.

At this point this is a traditional GM issue.

Raoul

Hello there,
I know this is a very old topic but I am experiencing this same bug and the link above doesn't take me to the bug page.
Is anyone able to paste here its content or to explain what was the workaround?
Thanks!

I

icuurd12b42

Hello there,
I know this is a very old topic but I am experiencing this same bug and the link above doesn't take me to the bug page.
Is anyone able to paste here its content or to explain what was the workaround?
Thanks!
Start the game in windowed mode, have a boot room to display your logos in the window for say 1 second and then have you code switch to full screen and go to the main menu room from there