• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Android App in background

pipebkOT

@Marko03970
and android game app? and what tasks would you want to happen in the background?, most games that do tasks in the background, are really time-server based and not really working in the background.

johnwo

I also want to make that when it appears, it unlocks the phone.
An app that unlocks the phone after a certain interval would be a HUGE security risk.
I can say that if a user has any security-feature (fingerprint, PIN, password, etc.) enabled, this is not possible; even a phone w/o any screen-lock enabled, I highly doubt it's possible...

Marko03970

An app that unlocks the phone after a certain interval would be a HUGE security risk.
I can say that if a user has any security-feature (fingerprint, PIN, password, etc.) enabled, this is not possible; even a phone w/o any screen-lock enabled, I highly doubt it's possible...
@johnwo
@pipebkOT
Okay, but can I make the application to activate the power on button on the phone when it activates. And can the application while the phone is in that state (powered on but not unlocked)?

rIKmAN

What exactly are you trying to do these things for?
Any app that unlocked my phone and turned it on in my pocket without me knowing would get instantly uninstalled.

In reality I would think that it would be rejected by Apple / Google for violating the app guidelines / security guidelines anyway - at least I'd hope so.

johnwo

Just take android for example: You don't remember the PIN to unlock your screen? Reset you phone.
Same for iOS; hell they had debacles with law enforcement for that...