• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Mac OSX Trying to Update to Version 2.2.2 on Mac

I'm on a Mac. I tried updating to version 2.2.2 today and when I tried to open the it it says "Access to the path "/Users/Shared/GameMakerStudio2/User" is denied." I tried remaking ~/.config/GameMakerStudio2 but that didn't work either. So I tried reinstalling the old version that worked and it actually starts opening but then it says "Unable to login - no network connection".

Anyone have any ideas?

mroche

I also just got this I recently upgraded to Mojave 10.14.4 then upgraded GM and now getting this when trying to start

mroche

So, I went to that directory and there was no 'User' folder so I made one. Tried to start GM and it got further - told me it could not access needed system folders. I went back to that directory "/Users/Shared/GameMakerStudio2/ and had to give my current user account (which is an admin account) RW access to the folder. Reinstalled the update as i feared the installer may have failed to write something in this directory. Then restarted and all seems ok. So either 10.14.4 changed the behaviour of this or the GM update needed to access a folder differently.

GM 2 still gives this error for me when I go to update it on Mac. It says access to path "users/shared/gamemakerstudio2/user" is denied.
Any ideas? I can't update.

You should check the permissions.

ls -la Users/Shared/GamemakerStudio2/ | grep user

And see if your user have write permissions.

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
Usually, this issue is seen when an admin account installed GMS2 for you and so all the folders are owned by that account, not yours... so check the account permissions.

X

xcession

delete the "/Users/Shared/GamemakerStudio2/" directory, reinstall. Fix this problem for me.