Millions of Views

E

ethian

My YouTube videos have just dozens of views, but some of my threads from this forum have hundreds of views... and threads here can reach to thousands of views.

For some reason, i'm asking you... how to make my things for make them have millions of views???

Also, i'm waiting for the millions of views in at least one thread of this forum... again, for some reason... :p

Gamer (ex-Cantavanda)

〜Flower Prince〜
I have over 20M views in total on my YT channel. All I did was upload things that I considered to be "holes in the market". Videos a lot of people want to see, but that aren't there on YT. My first type of videos that became really popular was of the FaceBook game "Dragon City", I was one of the first players, and I knew it would become a popular game, and there were no videos at all on it on YT, so I made guides and got millions of views.

D

Deleted member 13992

Threads have more views because they are ongoing conversations. A video doesn't "evolve". You can't compare the two.

E

ethian

How the ones who make original content and have millions of views get millions of views?

Also, i know the ones in YouTube who make videos with content that isn't from they (e.g. games) get even millions of views...

I'm not a copyright violator, i can't be one, and i like to make original content.

pixeltroid

How the ones who make original content and have millions of views get millions of views?
they start off by making content people like. then people share it on their social media.

then they build a following. then the new followers share the video even more so it gets even more views. this cycle continues.

Last edited:
S

sofaspartan

If we are talking about music, creating remixes or covers of popular songs tends to get people interested in your content. While it won't get you millions of views, it's a good place to start getting people interested. A lot of YouTubers and musical artists gain a following from that.

Relatable content is a good place to start. If you can hook people on something that they already are interested in, then they might be more likely to explore your other content as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
A

Andy

There are probably lots of big creators who are unsure how they got millions of views. Hard work is necessary (to maintain a viewership anyway), but there’s also an element of chance. The recommendations algorithm, releasing something at the right time to take advantage of trends, etc...
Just make the content you want to make. If you keep making content, that practice should improve what you make. You may not get millions of views, but you can probably get an audience. :)

Roa

You just have to be a likeable person honestly and have a consistent quality, not even necessarily good, I mean aside from simply being a leader in making content you are passionate about. I just do me, and sometimes my one or two of my videos will spike into the hundreds and I don't even try to advertise or care about viewer/sub counts. I'm actually myself thinking of starting several new channels and propagating them. Airsoft, my personal daily grinds, gamemaker tutorials, and politics. You also have to promote yourself and keep at it.

E

ethian

This thread has over 100 views for now...

What if we make this thread the only thread of this forum with millions of views?

No, it's too hard lol

Gamebot

Iv'e seen some really well done vids that have 1000 views while others will have millions that just plain stink! Analytics and SEO have some part in it also. Menaing youtube, google...can have inputs to them so that users can find you faster. There are many persons that use these wrong in the first place.

Try to come up with a unique name or an enjoyable series in which many persons would like to watch. Put your own twist on things! Keep in mind it can take time. The few good vids that have millions of views generally have one way or another been on for many many years. Sometimes a collection of past youtube channels of their own.

Be the 100 views that have very positive feedback. Not the 1000's that never reply or take down comments just because they don't like them!

Last edited:
Make something good and hope that what you think is good aligns with what millions of other people think is good and whatever social media algorithm is filtering the site you posted on agrees as well.

Good luck...

Jabbers

It's not a major challenge to get millions of views on a YouTube channel. I did this a few times on various accounts, although all but one is now deactivated at my own will. You just have to identify something popular and hone in on it. The easiest way to get views is to create a compilation (car crashes, fails, ufos, ghosts, funny moments, etc) or republish popular work (funny scenes from The Simpsons, best moments from your favourite show, etc).

The problem is that having a popular video doesn't translate into a popular channel. It's easy to get views, but hard to retain an audience. The value of a YouTube channel is in its viewer retention. A million subscribers who never watch your videos is as good as a channel with no subscribers (remember folks, sub4sub is a hapless system). You want people who are invested in your content and will watch more. Forget views, quality subscribers is the hard part.

L

Lonewolff

The easiest way to get views is to create a compilation (car crashes, fails, ufos, ghosts, funny moments, etc).
Hardest thing about ghosts is that they never show up in my camera. It's probably a cheap Chinese CCD or something.

Roa

It's not a major challenge to get millions of views on a YouTube channel. I did this a few times on various accounts, although all but one is now deactivated at my own will. You just have to identify something popular and hone in on it. The easiest way to get views is to create a compilation (car crashes, fails, ufos, ghosts, funny moments, etc) or republish popular work (funny scenes from The Simpsons, best moments from your favourite show, etc).

The problem is that having a popular video doesn't translate into a popular channel. It's easy to get views, but hard to retain an audience. The value of a YouTube channel is in its viewer retention. A million subscribers who never watch your videos is as good as a channel with no subscribers (remember folks, sub4sub is a hapless system). You want people who are invested in your content and will watch more. Forget views, quality subscribers is the hard part.
>forget quality, best way to get views is chase what everyone else is doing, and steal and re-upload their art and content as your own

Excuse me while I cut these tumors and cancer spots out of my body.

E

ethian

I though you can get even millions of views if you make original content... but... i guess isn't true now.
>forget quality, best way to get views is chase what everyone else is doing, and steal and re-upload their art and content as your own
That's not allowed! Remember that YouTube has copyright policy or something else, it means you can't upload videos from someone else (and take the other works of others too), it forces you to make your own, original content!

Jabbers

Excuse me while I cut these tumors and cancer spots out of my body.
No, it is the easiest way. You don't have to like it, but in my experience it's the truth. Compilations are popular because they appeal to laziness. It is more attractive to watch a one hour Vine compilation than to have to search for an hours worth of Vines, or have a page refresh every several seconds while you cycle through a playlist.

I don't personally endorse claiming other peoples work as your own (which isn't necessarily the same as making a compilation) and you're winding yourself up if you think videos of people skidding over in the snow or rear ending a car is "art". You missed the point of my post which is that views alone are not valuable in building a channel; you need to build content that makes people interested in you and what you're doing.

E

ethian

This thread has over 300 views for now.

I would like to have millions of views to make my work have fanart and cosplay... too...

How i can make my work so popular? Showing it to a great audience and making it very good? Mmm! :p

Evanski

Raccoon Lord
Forum Staff
keyword Views,
not people who followed! people who like your content.
If i go to a mall and see pair of nikes in a store have I contributed to there popularity? no i simply knowledged there existence
dont get caught up with numbers, the internet is a fad it will die out in 1975.