• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Red Star Raider - Free demo available now

M

massop

Made in GMS2,

I would like to showcase “Red Star Raider” which is currently playable and set for release November 2019.

The trailer can be viewed HERE and the free demo can be downloaded on Steam HERE or if you don’t have steam the demo can also be downloaded HERE (PC Windows)

Please see below GIF short of gameplay.

IMGUR Link - https://imgur.com/LAOJpiO

Red Star Raider is a fast paced, action packed platform shooter presented in a retro style and not just in the visual sense. Players will have to master Parry, dodge, reflect, wall slide, melee and many more skills to be able to survive the onslaught forced upon them.

Inspiration for the game stems from Gunstar heroes & Guardian Heroes from Sega's Golden era with a touch of Super Metroid.

I am currently crowdfunding via Kickstarter to expand beyond the original scope.

Target platforms – PC & Switch for sure and potentially Mobile (There are 7 action buttons so we may need to make a "lite" version for mobile).

M

massop

Hopefully the links should be working now.

Any constructive criticism would be much appreciated.

Thanks

jonjons

Really nice game, i dont have any criticism about it... Unless maybe you could add the option of also play has a male character and make the gun detachable from the player so she can use diferent weapons. Overall the game looks very good and is above my skills.:)

M

massop

I actually want to add multiple playible characters like in Metal Slug, so this will be a feature in the full game.

Thanks for taking the time to play, much appreciated.