• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

HELP ! need 1.4 macOS gamemaker

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Adam Procter

In urgent need of macOS 1.4 gamemaker just to show off a student game but cannot find it anywhere
Game is broken using version 2 and I kinda need download of 1.4 now ! :(

Any link to a previous trial would be great , no plans to use it other than to run this one game

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
There has never been a version of the GMS 1.4 IDE that could run on a Mac, only a version that runs on Windows and exports to a Mac by connecting to one.

If you can describe how exactly the ported game is broken, there may be a way to fix it from the GMS 2 side. But if it still doesn't work, someone with a GMS 1.4 Mac license would have to compile it for you. Try the first way on the Q&A section for now, and if you don't get a resolution by tomorrow, PM me with a link to the source code and I'll try to build it for you.

Do note that "compile for me" requests are typically banned here, but your situation seems to warrant an exception. I'll leave that for a moderator to decide.

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
Do note that "compile for me" requests are typically banned here, but your situation seems to warrant an exception. I'll leave that for a moderator to decide.
What people do though private messages is not something we can control, but on the forums I'm afraid to say that this isn't permitted. While we understand the issue, if we make one exception it can open the door to others claiming the same situation to get the same result, and so I'm going to close this topic. Feel free to make another topic to ask about the GMS2 porting issues if you want, as that is something that we most certainly can help you with.

Status
Not open for further replies.