• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Android Unknown build error, please help.

Zeptars

GM2 build error only on Android and only for this particular project it seems. I've only updated my game and haven't messed with anything else. This has only occured since I updated to GM2 2.2.2.413 but...

... I have tried:
  • Using GM2 latest beta version (No permission to export on this version? No, I'm not using a cracked GM2).
  • Using GM2 2.2.413
  • Using GM2 2.2.1.375
Here's the error I get on GM2 2.2.1.375 and GM2 2.2.413... I'm not sure what this means, gamepad?

:com.myname.myapp:compileDebugJavaWithJavac
:com.myname.myapp:compileDebugJavaWithJavac - is not incremental (e.g. outputs have changed, no previous execution, etc.).
V:\com.myname.myapp\src\main\java\com\myname\myapp\Gamepad\MogaDevice.java:40: error: cannot find symbol
Gamepad.msMogaDevice = this;
^
symbol: variable msMogaDevice
V:\com.myname.myapp\src\main\java\com\myname\myapp\Gamepad\MogaProDevice.java:43: error: cannot find symbol
Gamepad.msMogaDevice = this;
^
symbol: variable msMogaDevice
Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API.
Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.
2 errors
:com.myname.myapp:compileDebugJavaWithJavac FAILED

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

* What went wrong:
Execution failed for task ':com.myname.myapp:compileDebugJavaWithJavac'.
> Compilation failed; see the compiler error output for details.

* Try:
Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output.

BUILD FAILED

Total time: 2.964 secs

Z

Ziphold

Had the same problem. I cleaned the cache and connected my phone to the pc using a usb cable.
That seemed to have fixed the issue.

Edit: I am still having issues with the android export on the newest version though. Keystore issue this time. Always some problems with game maker I guess.

pipebkOT

@Zeptars thats a extension error, the moga gamepad extension to be exact. errors like this happen when you add/delete extensions and don't clean the cache.

try using the lastest stable gms 2. and cleaning the cache of your project

edit:

release notes 2.2.1.375

• Game Options: Removed the checkbox for MOGA Gamepads from Android, as this is no longer relevant in 2.2.1+ runtimes, as we have changed the gamepad integration

you don't need to use the extension anymore, just check the "bluetooth gamepad" box in the project options

Last edited: