Team Request [Unpaid at start] Making a Kickstarter game [50/50 money split]

A

Adam Mansour

Hello!

Im looking for people who are fine with getting paid later.
For now I can't pay, but after we finished making a demo for our game,
we will put it on kickstarter and/ or Indiegogo. The money that comes in
will be split evenly no matter how much it is, we're getting. (fair and square)

The gameplay will be inspired by Tomba (PsOne game).
That means it will be a platformer but there are many secrets and missions you
find by exploring the world and talking to villagers in towns between the platforming section.
There will also be mini-games/bonus levels dedicated to each town. So lets say we have 5 towns
with 1 minigame/Bonus level each that fits to the style of the town.
(for example a fruit ninja like minigame in a restaurant OR a race in another town.)

So far I dont have much but I can show at least a little..

I also made a video with a testlevel if you want to see how far the game is at the moment.
There are obviously alot of placeholder sprites, since I'm in need of an artist.

I hope to read from a dedicated artist who believes we could make something out of this project, soon!
Thanks for reading!

this is not how this works sadly for you. The reason no one but me has commented is that we are looking to be paid because most people here use this as a job. If you were to make at least a prototype of the game and have drawings of the things you can't do yourself as well available people might be a bit more interested.

Right now it just looks like a generic platformer where the character has a gun with the useless bonus of saying your kills are pointless. The reason it works in games like LISA and Undertale and Fallout: New Vegas is because there are very obvious consequences at the end or during the game, this is just nothing so far.

Sorry if this all makes you feel bad but if it doesn't good on you.

Sorry if this was harsh as well. I've seen your code ability and am sure you can come up with a prototype.

A

Adam Mansour

@George Hennen
If you were to make at least a prototype of the game and have drawings of the things you can't do yourself as well available people might be a bit more interested.
Yeah, I figured.. and I'm working on it right now. Thankfully I got a personal message of one person ready to help and she also asked me to give some more
material besides this generic shooter:

"What is the story of the world, what is the story of our character (and his motivation), do you have ideas of the direction the npc's and the enemies or bosses should look ? How many cities with different themes are there?"

So I put my mind into it and gave her for inspiration some art on how I imagine some things, story and issue in this world (Which is the motivation of the enemies), the story of Gabriel (the maincharacter), background music for the levels, so she gets a feeling of the mood. (Thanks to @Eric Matyas)

While she works on this, I try to make the game less like a generic shooter (or school project @Wigfrid) and more like I imagined.
Sorry if this all makes you feel bad but if it doesn't good on you.
Sorry if this was harsh as well. I've seen your code ability and am sure you can come up with a prototype.
Bro, its all good. I rather have the harsh truth than people politely lying to my face with a smile.
I can tell you mean well and we'll see what I can make of this.

Thank you for going out of your way to comment this and making sure to let me know.
(I guess the questions in the message I got, take care of the issues you were talking about. So I think I can be relieved for now.)

Last edited by a moderator:
@George Hennen

Yeah, I figured.. and I'm working on it right now. Thankfully I got a personal message of one person ready to help and she also asked me to give some more
material besides this generic shooter:

"What is the story of the world, what is the story of our character (and his motivation), do you have ideas of the direction the npc's and the enemies or bosses should look ? How many cities with different themes are there?"

So I put my mind into it and gave her for inspiration some art on how I imagine some things, story and issue in this world (Which is the motivation of the enemies), the story of Gabriel (the maincharacter), background music for the levels, so she gets a feeling of the mood. (Thanks to @Eric Matyas)

While she works on this, I try to make the game less like a generic shooter (or school project @Wigfrid) and more like I imagined.

Bro, its all good. I rather have the harsh truth than people politely lying to my face with a smile.
I can tell you mean well and we'll see what I can make of this.

Thank you for going out of your way to comment this and making sure to let me know.
(I guess the questions in the message I got, take care of the issues you were talking about. So I think I can be relieved for now.)
Awesome