• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

GML Visible objects but deactivated?

Amon

I have programmed a menu system for use as a template for every project of mine. I have a fade in/out script that is coded to only begin actual gameplay once the fade is complete.

What is the best way to have all my objects with sprites, visible but deactivated from moving until the fade is complete?

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
The most generic tactic is to screenshot onto a surface just before the deactivation, deactivate and then draw that surface while the instances remain deactivated.

The second tactic is to set up custom movement variables, then hide the part processing them in the Step event behind a condition checking a global pausing variable.

Amon

The most generic tactic is to screenshot onto a surface just before the deactivation, deactivate and then draw that surface while the instances remain deactivated.

The second tactic is to set up custom movement variables, then hide the part processing them in the Step event behind a condition checking a global pausing variable.
Thanks. I'll try both those now.