Team Request Branching corpses - An exquisite corpse of games

bc_timeline B.jpg

What is this about?

"Branching corpses" is an on-going tree of very short games with interconnected plots. The core concept is simple: Each game has 2 endings, the one you get depends on how well you play the minigame segment. As a developer, you can choose one of those endings and make your own game to continue the story, this game itself will have 2 endings.

What I am looking for?

I am in search of Game maker Studio (either GMS1 or GMS2) users who can do a little bit of everything. Jacks of all trades, master of none. You don't need to have any refined skills, I just want you to be able to approach many different situations with a gamedev perspective in mind. We share lots of ressources on the project such as music and art to speed up development, so if you know either some basics of drawing and/or a tad of musical skills, you're perfect for this project! If you're interested in joining us, hop in our discord server where we discuss everything about the project: discord.gg/ggqZ2c4

What is there already?

As of May 2019, we have 6 games in our tree, many more under production to be released around the end of April. Our games are mostly hosted on itch, you can start the journey here:
Here is also a flowchart of all games made before May 2019 for easier representation:

And a bit of artwork as well:
bc_underworld_tree_thumbnail.png
bc_header.png
View attachment 24513
image0.jpg
Important things to note:
  • This is all unpaid work (although you have the option of enabling "pay what you want' on your games)
  • The emphasis is on the shortness of games, because we don't want to steal too much of your time. Think of this as taking part in game jams.
  • Sometimes you'll be asked to make tiny changes to your work for global plot coherence.
  • We ask that you make assets in your entry available so others can continue easily where you left off. On the other hand, you are free to use any of the assets previously entered in the project, and we have a team of dedicated artists and composers who will help you create new pieces.

Attachments

Last edited:
T

Typhon

I've joined this thing and it is quite fun. It's not really a team collaboration so much as a fun thing that could eventually become a community. I can easily see this turning into an scp type thing if enough people join in over time. sure, there are general plot things, but I think in the end it will mostly just be a fun thing to come and add games too.

Adrien, you need to keep the list up to date, though. You're falling behind.

Edit: we also have a wiki https://branching-corpses.fandom.com/wiki/Branching_Corpses_Wiki

I've joined this thing and it is quite fun. It's not really a team collaboration so much as a fun thing that could eventually become a community. I can easily see this turning into an scp type thing if enough people join in over time. sure, there are general plot things, but I think in the end it will mostly just be a fun thing to come and add games too.

Adrien, you need to keep the list up to date, though. You're falling behind.

Edit: we also have a wiki https://branching-corpses.fandom.com/wiki/Branching_Corpses_Wiki
This is the recruitment thread, so I probably won't keep the list up to date :p (there are way too many lists I'd need to maintain if I did that) but i'll add a date for disambiguation.
Also the wiki is horribly outdated please don't link it X)

T

Typhon

This is the recruitment thread, so I probably won't keep the list up to date :p (there are way too many lists I'd need to maintain if I did that) but i'll add a date for disambiguation.
Also the wiki is horribly outdated please don't link it X)
All the more reason to link it. That way people will end up updating it. XD