Where you from bro?

RizbIT

Hey guys where are you based?

Do you meet up with fellow Game Makers where you are?>

Last edited:
Australia. Up until recently I lived in Brisbane and started meeting up with some local devs who have regular meet ups, but now I'm in Sydney and know no one. Would be neat to find some devs around here to hang out with some time though.

Gamer (ex-Cantavanda)

〜Flower Prince〜
I think there was a topic in the past with a huge map of the world, and every member could point where they're from on it. But I can't seem to find it anymore.

RollyBug

I think there was a topic in the past with a huge map of the world, and every member could point where they're from on it. But I can't seem to find it anymore.
That does sound really cool - Let me know if you find it!

Indiana, US. Lived in Florida for about five years. Fun place to visit, not so much to live in.

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
I'm from Scotland originally... But I've lived in England, Ireland, the Isle Of Man and currently reside in Spain. I wouldn't mind meeting up with fellow devs, but where I live is quiet and doesn't really have any kind of gamedev scene.

M

Misu

You gotta search under Kousenai's profile in order to find it. He hasn't been active for more than a year and a half now.

Here is the thread

EDIT: I spent more than 18 years in Puerto Rico but now living in Indiana, US

EDIT EDIT: Yet I have never met @RollyBug in person. Don't know if I ever will meet anyone from here at all.

RollyBug

You gotta search under Kousenai's profile in order to find it. He hasn't been active for more than a year and a half now.

Here is the thread

EDIT: I spent more than 18 years in Puerto Rico but now living in Indiana, US

EDIT EDIT: Yet I have never met @RollyBug in person. Don't know if I ever will meet anyone from here at all.
That really is such an incredible coincidence. I have little free time nowadays but we should totally plan something

M

Misu

That really is such an incredible coincidence. I have little free time nowadays but we should totally plan something
Where within Indiana you are from? I can steal my cousin's car for a day.

chorrus

I'm from Scotland originally... But I've lived in England, Ireland, the Isle Of Man and currently reside in Spain. I wouldn't mind meeting up with fellow devs, but where I live is quiet and doesn't really have any kind of gamedev scene.
Hey!

Where in Spain are you? Would be great to find a Spanish Game Maker community, I've met some indie devs around here, but none using Game Maker or without much experience.
It but would be amazing to find some more Spanish Game Maker developers!

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
Where in Spain are you? Would be great to find a Spanish Game Maker community, I've met some indie devs around here, but none using Game Maker or without much experience.
Salamanca! Great city if you like the quiet life... :) And yourself?

Kezarus

Endless Game Maker
I am from Brazil, land of the Future (too bad it's always Present and the Future never comes). :confused:

I live in São Paulo, one of the largest cities in the world. Twelve million people are here. :eek:

Ihato

It's Serbia - but I just wanted to point out that the title is kinda sexist, cause it assumes all game makers are boys.
No, I never met any game makers in real life.

Bro is slowly becoming more gender neutral at least in my experience. Much like 'dude' I hear it all the time referring to people regardless of gender.

dapper

But is it West Virginia?
Nah- but I lived close, for a while!

Bro is slowly becoming more gender neutral at least in my experience. Much like 'dude' I hear it all the time referring to people regardless of gender.
My experience too- I just don't know if it's quite there, yet- and I know some people for whom it will never be. I wouldn't go so far as to call it sexist, personally, except in the broadest understanding of the term- nor would I say it feels or reads as intentionally exclusionary- but I do think it could be more inclusive.

Last edited:

Roa

It's Serbia - but I just wanted to point out that the title is kinda sexist, cause it assumes all game makers are boys.
No, I never met any game makers in real life.
I'm from the USA- the great state of Virginia!

I agree that the title could be more inclusive.
I live in the real world.
seriously, not everything is targeted exclusivity. It's not sexist to ask a general question as if it were a term of engagement with someone. I hate to be this blunt, but get over yourself, honestly. It's not about you, so stop taking so much personal offense. The author didn't say, male replies only or no females. It's just a common term for people addressing an audience personally as he does. It's no different than "where do you guys reside". Also, I've never heard bro being used for a women ever.
I love in Atlanta :)
I too, love in Atlanta. It's where my main squeeze resides.

In all seriousness, I'm from Massillon Ohio, USA

Last edited:
The way you organised those quotes and replies almost seems as if that's directed at me too ^^'
Yeah it's a bit silly, a bit of a non-issue to bring up.
Anecdotally, I have heard many people use bro when referring to girls or in small groups with girls. I occasionally address my partner or other female friends as bro(though I don't use the word that much in general)
I've seen it a bunch in media too, most specifc example I have is from a Hawkeye comic series. The bad guys were non-descript europeans in tracksuits and they referred to everyone as bro. Even a dog.

Roa

The way you organised those quotes and replies almost seems as if that's directed at me too ^^'
Yeah it's a bit silly, a bit of a non-issue to bring up.
Anecdotally, I have heard many people use bro when referring to girls or in small groups with girls. I occasionally address my partner or other female friends as bro(though I don't use the word that much in general)
I've seen it a bunch in media too, most specifc example I have is from a Hawkeye comic series. The bad guys were non-descript europeans in tracksuits and they referred to everyone as bro. Even a dog.
Nah, you were the least of the concern, but you contributed to the point that I didn't see as anything more than a narcissistic derail and that part about it being used that way was out of my experience. Reason I put it in spoilers in the first place was because I didn't want to turn the spot light on this issue vs the topic at hand, but still felt it needed addressed so to speak as certain people always want to but in and focus so much on this PCifying stuff when it has no place here to begin with. It's just something that agitates me when this is what people put their energy and focus on in a public space, and what they take away from reading into things, trying to grab the conversation away from people. I wouldn't have even pointed it out if it didn't get replies.
Guess I'm a hypocrite now! But lets keep this post on topic.

Last edited:
Right...

Anyway. I was supposed to meet up with some devs who were visiting my city this week but they never got back to me. A bit disappointing, butit happens.
The meet ups fron my last city were great, just a bunch of people with Laptops chatting and playing each other's games. Got some good feedback on my stuff and played some cool abd weird stuff.
Miss that group. They are having a showcase event type thing soon at a place called Netherworld which is this awesome nerdy bar which themed drinks and food(all vegan options if you're into that) plus a bunch of arcade cabinets, consoles and board/card games. It's basically the perfect gamer hangout place.