• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Good Written Tutorials?

T

TinTortoise

Hey guys. Does anyone have a good source on written tutorials for GMS2? I'm new to the software, and all of the tutorials I've seen so far are video based. That's fine when I'm at home, but I'd like some stuff that I can read while I'm travelling/at work. My job involves a lot of sitting/standing around waiting for a phone to ring so I have a lot of time on my hands, but I can't really watch videos while I'm there.

jackquake

For fear of being too obvious, there are a number of written tutorials here in this forum here. Ive put a few others as well where I have learned quite a bit. And lastly, once you've made an honest effort of trying to solve the issue yourself, this forum has some fantastic folks who will help you understand.

Of course, the list of tutorials you are looking for really depends on the topic you are learning about as programming games (or other programs) has a vast amount of subject areas from animation to finite state machines to AI and any thing in between.

With that said, here is my 2 cents worth to help:
I know this isn't everything, but I've browsed the above links many times and really enjoy the info on them. Hopefully, they will help you also.

matharoo

manualman
GameMaker Dev.
Hey guys. Does anyone have a good source on written tutorials for GMS2? I'm new to the software, and all of the tutorials I've seen so far are video based. That's fine when I'm at home, but I'd like some stuff that I can read while I'm travelling/at work. My job involves a lot of sitting/standing around waiting for a phone to ring so I have a lot of time on my hands, but I can't really watch videos while I'm there.
Check out my old blog: https://gdpalace.wordpress.com/