• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Mac OSX [SOLVED] When building with VM no icon is seen for app listing in iTunes Connect

camerakid

Hey Guys,

I am getting rejection from Apple with the missing icon.

When building with the VM MacOS no icon is seen in iTunes Connect. One thing of note is that the info.plist contains "icon.icns" but the file name is "Icon.icns" under the Resources folder when viewing via Show Contents on the .app file that is generated.

There is a closed MantisBT about this however I am still getting the error and cannot get my game approved :-(

https://bugs.yoyogames.com/view.php?id=30393#c63937

Can anyone suggest a way to change the Capital "I" to "i" in the *.PKG file? I cannot find a way to edit the final PKG build.

Thank you.

Attila

camerakid

As of my research APPs and PKGs are different.

This CD method is not working with PKGs that Game Maker generates I even tried renaming but that did not help either.

In the Terminal there is a PKGUTIL that can expand the content of a PKG file but there are no way to change the Icon.icns to icon.icns as the PKG seems to be compressed. (content is: BOM, PackageInfo, Payload)

https://appuals.com/how-to-extract-packages-pkg-files-on-os-x/

Bump. YYC generates more errors so it seems no way to submit to Apple until it fixed... :confused:

If anyone can come up with a solution I would appropriate it.

Can I create a PKG file from the APP.ZIP somehow?

Last edited:

camerakid

As an UPDATE:

"App Wrapper 3" application seems to be able to fix this issue and re-sign the PGK file. I will submit for Apple and will see if this fixes this issue.(thank you for the suggestion from user "clee2005")

I will mark this as solved if Apple will not reject it with this issue.

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
@Nocturne Did this get fixed in the new beta update, I can't find it in the change log?
Afaik, yes. It probably won't be in the actual change log, as it's a bug fix, so the Mantis report will reflect it's status. Looking at the report it's flagged as solved and closed, so it should all be good!