• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows Where Is Arabic Language?

M

MoncefFennich DZDev

In GameMaker Studio 2 I Can't Draw Or Display An Arabic Text.

Example:
Event[Draw Gui] (GML):
Code:
draw_set_font(fnArabic);
draw_text(16,16,"لغة عربية");
In Game:

M

MoncefFennich DZDev

Yes It's special for arabic.
But I used a lot of fonts, the same thing.
What is the reason.
Maybe arabic characters is hard because they can stick together.
Can you fix it? Or How Can I fix it
Does the font being used support those characters?

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
have you selected the correct font range in the Font options? You can also create a text file with all the characters in it and then use that to set the font range if you don't know the actual values required.

M

MoncefFennich DZDev

Yeah Its Worked But :mad:

have you selected the correct font range in the Font options? You can also create a text file with all the characters in it and then use that to set the font range if you don't know the actual values required.
There Are Another Problem.
Text Should Be لغة عربية
But Displayed ة ي ب ر ع ة غ ل

Last edited by a moderator:

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
There Are Another Problem.
Text Should Be لغة عربية
But Displayed ة ي ب ر ع ة غ ل
There's a library on the YoYo Marketplace that should fix this: http://marketplace.yoyogames.com/assets/2415/arabic-support

Does the font being used support those characters?
I'm unpleasantly surprised that you and most YoYo staff still seem to be intentionally dismissive about the texture-based font system's issues with CJK, CTL and RTL text, despite being told about it in dozens of bug reports made by native speakers over the past decade.

Yes, you can have the right font and include the right range, and it still wouldn't come out right. Either it would come out in all-isolated form or have vowels show up in the wrong place (CTL text), get printed backwards (RTL text), or have fonts so fat that a reasonable range would take far too much texture real estate at once (CJK text).

Can you (and other YoYo staff in general) please engage in a more meaningful discussion about font rendering with native speakers of languages with the characteristics I mentioned? This kind of linguistic parochialism is no way to portray GMS 2 to the world.

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
I'm unpleasantly surprised that you and most YoYo staff still seem to be intentionally dismissive about the texture-based font system's issues with CJK, CTL and RTL text, despite being told about it in dozens of bug reports made by native speakers over the past decade.
I'm unpleasantly not surprised with your tone on these forums, but hey, what can I do? Please keep in mind that I am the guy that writes the documentation as a freelancer contracted to a large and compartmentalised company and as such I know what I get told to write about AFTER it's all been fixed/added/updated and not before. I am NOT a QA guy, I am NOT a Core Tech guy, I am not a Producer, nor Manager either... I'm just trying to help out around here, the best I can. The fact that I may be ignorant of certain things - hell, I can be downright wrong about things sometimes! - does not mean that YYG as a company are in any way dismissive of the issues that users face, and I feel that you should be reminded that this is a not an official bug reporting service but somewhere for a user to get help from the community (not YYG) before filing a bug report if we can't help. Your constant negativity does nothing to help the users you reply to nor does it get back to YYG...

Also, I would thank you to keep in mind that I actually run these forums and help out VOLUNTARILY and in my FREE TIME and don't get paid for anything I do here, but replies like this make me seriously consider whether it's worth it.

Last edited:

Duduan

Hi, I encounter problem like the image attached. The GMS draw the text scrambledly. Anyone understand about this? I need a quick solution since there is a deadline to fix this issue in the game I am working on.

Thanks everyone for willing to help.

Attachments