• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows (Solved)Unable to save ... views???

Hi,

So GMS 2 has all of a sudden stopped saving which in turn causes it to not run the project. When saving, I get the following error:

upload_2019-5-27_17-50-50.png

I'm not sure what its talking about with the views, but everything else appears to be opening fine.

In addition, the Output window shows several lines saying "SourceControlAction:SaveModel: Source Control Add Failed". The Source Control window shows several lines saying "The index is locked. This might be due to a concurrent or crashed process".

I've tried cleaning the cache and it does so successfully, but this doesn't fix the problem. Tried Resetting the Layout, same error. I can open a previous save file of the project and that saves without issue so it can't be a problem with GMS.

Is there any way to resolve this error with the "views"?

Thanks.

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
Try going to the Layouts menu and selecting "Reset Layout" then save. The "views" in these errors usually relates to the screen view and how the windows are laid out.

Thanks for the inpùt Nocturne. I did try resetting the Layout as I've mentioned in the op, based on what you said in another thread. Resetting the Layout then saving didn't fix the problem, but I believe the Save As command (instead of just saving) to save as a different project, managed to correct the issue.

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
Okay, that's good to know. Will remember that for future users who experiment this issue.