• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Discussion Rooms in workspace?

S

Storyteller

did we ever get rooms in the workspace?

I have largely been working in low level c these days, but gm holds a place in my heart.
I found myself using mind-mapping software and was able to basically, put an entire game, levels, entities, quotes, attributes, into this software.

the nature of the workspace in GMS2 is reminiscent of this, and had wondered 'why cant we have this view'?

oubliete stages and locations.png
in short, did we ever get rooms and transitions/connections in the workspace?
is there a reason we cant go this one level higher?
It would unify the workspace and make many game projects more spatially logical.
Would this even be difficult? wouldnt it be the equivalent of shortcuts on the desktop?

$0.02

S

Storyteller

so Ive been using the latest version of Studio2 and no, you cannot have rooms in the workspace.

please add at least minimal representation of room, where double clicking them works as a shortcut to open them. Allow paths between them to act as visual representations of their connections or nesting. Even just a box, with the name or ID of the room would help.

This makes seeing your game structure much, much easier and I do not understand .why. it is not included.