• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Mac OSX YYC questions

camerakid

Hey Everybody,

So I have a large project that usually complies for more than an hour with YYC for the MAC.

I have realized that in Xcode the process says "Ready" after like 10 minutes but the PC continues "building" for another 40-70 minutes sometimes.(at the end sometimes it finishes sometimes it gives an error randomly.)

Can I stop the process on PC and click "Archive" on Mac when it says Ready after the 10 minutes or will that corrupt the project?

Thanks.

Dog Slobber

Back your project up, and try it.

What you're describing is a pretty unique situation. I doubt few has direct experience.

Last edited:

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
This smacks of a timeout on the connection between the Mac and the PC. If you can, try installing GMS 2 directly on the PC and building there natively.

Pfap

Hey Everybody,

So I have a large project that usually complies for more than an hour with YYC for the MAC.

I have realized that in Xcode the process says "Ready" after like 10 minutes but the PC continues "building" for another 40-70 minutes sometimes.(at the end sometimes it finishes sometimes it gives an error randomly.)

Can I stop the process on PC and click "Archive" on Mac when it says Ready after the 10 minutes or will that corrupt the project?

Thanks.
I think I may be dealing with the same issue. When I build from the pc and push it to xcode, the process never finishes on my pc and I click the stop button and I'm still able to build and push to Apple.
The pc console displays
Code:
do sleep 2; done;
Before I stop it, and currently I have been pushing vm builds just while testing.

So, I think you should be fine to press the stop button and archive on mac. At least I have not had any issues.

camerakid

I think I may be dealing with the same issue. When I build from the pc and push it to xcode, the process never finishes on my pc and I click the stop button and I'm still able to build and push to Apple.
The pc console displays
Code:
do sleep 2; done;
Before I stop it, and currently I have been pushing vm builds just while testing.

So, I think you should be fine to press the stop button and archive on mac. At least I have not had any issues.
Thank you for your opinion. I believe it is fine this way I can Archive on the MAC and upload to the Appstore.

I have also realized that the VM build has some very bad issues and it has no ICONS emended in the build and might have other problems as I could have never submit it for Review at Apple. (Though it works nice on Steam)