• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

HTML5 Deathless World

What is this?

My entry for the Ludum Dare 44 jam, Deathless World is a multiplayer dystopian simulator where your citizen’s lives are currency.
In this game, you play as one of the 9 countries that are part of the Global World Government (GWG for short) It has been decided that dying is illegal, therefore whenever someone dies you can right-click to fine them heavily. Your citizen’s lives are currency, but as they stay alive they will ask for social benefits.

You have many ways of dealing with this phenomenom, one of which is to send your citizens to other player’s countries. If you feel like it, you can also form alliances with the others or grief them.

Communication is the key!

How to play?
  • Left click: place block
  • right clik: remove block / fine dead citizen
  • Enter: chat with others
  • up/down arrow keys: move screen up/down (you can also move your mouse towards the border of the screen)
Where to play?

The game can only be played in browser on gamejolt, since it uses the gamejolt API: https://gamejolt.com/games/deathlessworld/410730
Please also take some time to rate it on its Ludum Dare page: https://ldjam.com/events/ludum-dare/44/deathless-world

eimie

Unfortunately there were no other players online when i tried it. So I was done when I figured out a working strategy for my goals.

I'm pretty sure I will try it again later. This could be quite cool with other players :)

Edit: hmmmm... spoilers don't work for me and I don't want to spoil. So my short opinion in three words: I like it.

Unfortunately there were no other players online when i tried it. So I was done when I figured out a working strategy for my goals.

I'm pretty sure I will try it again later. This could be quite cool with other players :)

Edit: hmmmm... spoilers don't work for me and I don't want to spoil. So my short opinion in three words: I like it.
Hey! There were lots of players on it during Ludum Dare but yeah, I can see why it's harder to find anyone now that the first few days are over :p
I suggest getting your siblings/friends on it for the optimal experience! (anyone connects from anywhere in the world)