• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Android Games freezing on losing focus

X

XSonicRU

Hello!
Well, i guess that's a well-known issue - games on android are being paused(frozen) when you're using(lower) the notification bar. For example, if you want to turn off wifi or read a notification. So, is there a plan to fix that? I noticed that many people do that, and that causes very bad effects on multiplayer part of my game, as people aren't aware its prohibited to use it in GM games.
Games normally continue to work when you lower notification bar...

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
Hi there! Could you give us some information on the device that you have seen this happening on, and the version of Android that it is running?

X

XSonicRU

Hi there! Could you give us some information on the device that you have seen this happening on, and the version of Android that it is running?
Doesn't it happen on all of the devices? I have a 9.0 device on pure android, can confirm it also happens on 7.1.2 flyme and 6.0 miui and 8.1 miui and on 4.1.2 touchwiz.
Maybe i didn't explain my problem correctly, so here's a screenshot
for some reason when notification bar is lowered like this game freezes and starts to twitch back and forth.
debug writes that when i'm doing that
upload_2019-5-2_14-46-30.png
so it seems like game thinks it lost focus but it really didn't, it's just notification bar...

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
Hi there! I understood perfectly the issue, as it happens to me on my two Android devices, but on one of the devices in the office it doesn't happen at all... so yeah, it obviously only affects some devices (possibly even most) but not others. That said, I believe there is already a bug report filed about this, but I'd suggest you file one with YYG anyway just to keep them aware that this issue is there and persists. I'd ask that you supply the same information about devices that you gave in your previous reply.